1 (edited by Oldnewbie 2008-02-03 06:57:50)

Topic: Lonely Man

I thought this was interesting.  I wrote this maybe ten years ago, and most of it is still current... How little we really change.

Chordpro error: This is not a valid artistname. You will have to specify an artistname in the form {st: Artistname} in the beginning of the code.

Just play

Re: Lonely Man

Hi Oldnewbie,

A sad song and sadly all to true in modern times. Well written, with chords that a new newbie can play, yet the timing makes it interesting and a melody comes easily. I finger picked it throughout and enjoyed it. Well done.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

This is a lovely song also,

I do so believe its important to tell your loved ones everyday,

"I love you". Why do people find it so hard to say these 3 words?

Dont let it be to late. We know not the time or the hour.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

hi oldnewbe there's many a time you wish you had the chance to say what you feel before its too late ,lovely song...stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

many thanks for the kind words.

sadly, sometimes "too late" comes too early.

Just play

Woo-Hoo!

I figured it out!

I have a "MySpace" now, and converted the *.wav to a *.mp3 and posted it on my page!

Thanks to all for your help!

You can hear my recording of this song at http://www.myspace.com/oldnewguy

Just play

7 (edited by MidnightMoses 2008-02-07 08:29:26)

Sounds really well put together....i like the picking... since i'm still learning..I'll give it a shot...if you don't mind newb,...I'd like to hear your version of ...Pocket Aces,( I was flushed in Denver)...Snowing large here..Time to shovel the snow...must be a song some where there...  lol...MM

Well done again Newbie,

Good luck and enjoy your site. I hope you have loads of spare time. Its addictive.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

9 (edited by Oldnewbie 2008-02-07 16:43:40)

Thanks, Doll, I tend to be obsessive, which doesn't help me limit my time on stuff once I get immersed.

Hopefully the newness will wear off while my wife is still speaking to me, and before my daughter gets married!

smile

MM - Thanks, I would like to record Pocket Aces. As soon as I get my computer act together, I'll get it posted.

Oh, and BTW - Whatever is on my site, is for the consumption of all. Please feel free to download or record your own versions to your hearts content. (It is actually an honor that anyone would want to do that!)

Just play

hello oldnewbie, just wanted to say that was a very good song. i listened to it a few times.it has a kind of folksy sound that i really like alot.do you have anymore? nice to hear a good heart felt song. keep playing. patrick.

here's to us and those like us,damn few of us left.

That is indeed a song of sadness - glad you have a MySpace Music page and look forward to hearing more of your compositions.  James

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

Thanks Patrick, and James.

I am trying to figure out how to record on my new computer (I think I need an application that I no longer have). Once I master the electrons, I will be posting some more stuff.

feedback rocks!

Just play

Oldnewbie, try Audacity.

It is open-source software that you can download for free.  You can record multiple tracks, edit, loop, etc.  There are both Mac, Windows, and Linux versions available to download.

Just google 'Audacity'.

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

Good call, James!

arkady gave me a link to it, and I have it installed!

Now, if I can just find my stupid microphones!

(Had an electronics melt down about six months ago, and had to replace computer, printer, and a lot of other crap. I put everything right where I would know where it was... smile )

Just play