1 (edited by jets60 2008-01-26 23:40:30)

Topic: "Time"

My wife’s tries to not waste time so she likes to kill more than one bird at a time as she says. She goes somewhere, anywhere, and tries to make it a chance for doing something else, being efficient…like that. I was thinking on that and thought about how precious time is on another level and how all the time we do not use is forever gone.  That’s where the idea came from to use the time you have so you have something to remember, not exactly what my wife does but this makes for a better song I think. I hope you all like it. Disclaimer, no birds were harmed in the writing of this song.

Time By Jeff Gilpin

January 26th, 2008

Verse 1

[Em]Time will [Am]heal your [C]deepest [Em]sorrow

Help you re[Am]flect on [C]what life [D]means

[Em]Time will [Am]help you [C]get to to[Em]morrow

Where it’s not as [Am]bad as it [Em]seems [D]

Verse 2

[Em]Time will [Am]polish your [C]greatest of me[Em]mories

Bring out the [Am]shine you [C]like to look u[D]pon

[Em]Time makes [Am]legends out of [C]little myste[Em]ries

A bit of nos[Am]talgic time long [Em]gone

Chorus

[D]Time won’t [C]stop [Am]when you look [Em]away

While re[D]flecting you may [C]find tomorrow’s [D]gone

[Em]Try to [Am]collect your [C]memories of [Em]today

Near your heart right [Am]where they [Em]belong [D]

Verse 3

[Em]Time is so [Am]precious so [C]try not to [Em]squander

All the [Am]time you [C]have until you’re [D]done

[Em]Use every [Am]second so [C]you’ll live much [Em]longer

Welcome [Am]every rising of the [Em]sun [D]

Verse 4

[Em]Time’s not the [Am]enemy so [C]don’t try to [Em]fight it

Time [Am]will [C]always win in [D]time

[Em]Trying to [Am]fight [C]time you [Em]can let

Your time run out and [Am]that would be a [Em]crime

Chorus

Near your heart right [Am]where they [Em]belong [D]

Verse 5

[Em]All of your [Am]forgotten [C]minutes are still [Em]out there

Those [Am]minutes you [C]wish you could [D]reuse

[Em]Reach way [Am]back to re[C]trieve them while you [Em]still care

Go get back the [Am]time that you [Em]abused [D]

Verse 6

[Em]Sitting [Am]there [C]in your room re[Em]flecting

On the [Am]time you’ve [C]had and have to [D]kill

[Em]Go and [Am]do some [C]memory col[Em]lecting

Time a wasting [Am]while you're sitting [Em]still

Chrous

Near your heart right [Am]where they [C]belong [Em]

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Re: "Time"

Beautiful song Jeff,

A great chord sequence that lends itself easily to a melody and it fingerpicks great. The opening two lines are a classic:

"Time will heal your deepest sorrow
Help you reflect on what life means"

Thank you,

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Very much like this lyric, Jeff.  I'm hoping you will put up a recording of it on your MySpace Music page - I haven't been there in a while . . . shall visit it later and see what's happening there.

Like your wife, I always try to be efficient about what I have to do - that way I can make time for the stuff I want to do.  One of my favorite "want-to-do's" is have some quiet time each day for words and music.  I'll give this gem a melancholy caress later this evening.  James

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

Hey James and Roger - Thanks very much. I'll try and record it soon. It has a nice folky sound to it I think. I still only have the 2 versions of Grey Skies and one of Ayase Lullaby on my page currently but I have 3 in the works right now. Just a little tough getting time to work on it. smile

Take care,

Jeff

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

This is a very powerful sweet song!

One of my neighbours Daughters took sick 3 weeks ago. Ellen was getting married in june coming. Had bought her home, and had great life plans made. Just 25 years old.
Well in less then 24 hours this beauty died.  So we should not take time or life for granted..

Thanks Jets as always. Your wealth is in your songs and words. Lucky Man.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Hey Lena - Thanks. I have a habit of blending in this to most of my work in some form or another. It is so easy to forget just how precious time is until it is no more.

J  E  T  S

Nice, Jets.

I thought it had kind of a haunted, melancholy sound to it. I love the Em - Am change, I use that a bit.

The lyrics were poignant, too. Really makes you think about priorities, and how we tend to put first things last.

well done.

Just play

Hey Larry - Thanks.  They seemed to fit and I like the Em - Am change as well. BTW, Nice to see another N Va local on Chordie too.

J  E  T  S

Not sure where Gainesville is? I not a native, but I am now a Virginian. I have lived here for 10+ years, my wife is from here, and I will be buried here. I love the weather, the geography, and the people. Great state!

Just play

hi jets lovely flow and brilliant lyrics ,have'nt played since christmas,too many call outs but i'll catch up soon ,well done...stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

Thanks Daddy - I can never keep up with all that gets posted here.

Larry - It's just west of Manassas off I-66 near where Nissan Pavilion's located. Zurf is from our area too up in Leesburg. Yep, it's a great place to work and live...traffic kind of stinks though.

J  E  T  S