Topic: for Old Doll

Hi,
I started to read what you sent me pertaining to Passing Moments, I thought what you had written was lovely, but I had to shut down my computer in a hurry, and when I came back on line I'd lost your note, sorry about that I think you were asking about the subject matter...well,

When I was 13 or so, I was smitten by a young lady in my class at school, she was very pretty and had all the boys chasing her. For some reason she agreed to go out with me, and we dated for a week or two before she dumped me...sobs

Any road up, the song refers to a date we had which we spent in a local park, I remember gazing at a clear winters night sky, and at first I was going to write about a moon lit night, but that's been done to death! So the stars and constellations it was. I was looking at what I've always called the sospan [Welsh for saucepan], which I've learned is actually Leo, my star sign [mmm] It's funny how you can be alone with other people, and I really felt alone that night...she dumped me next day!

About 5 years later, I was working with the guy who had married the girl, and he was talking of leaving her for a newer model, I've been with the same lovely lady for nearly 30 years, [she'll be sorry when I'm a man] so she lost out, both ways don't you think, and last funny coincidence, she had the same name as my wife.
I guess what I'm trying to say is; we must all try and cry at least once before we find the one that is meant for us, my wife and I have always agreed that we are soul-mates, and we have been together, not just in this life but all the lives we've had before, and all the ones to come, and I suppose the meaning of it all is that you get born then search until you find your soul mate, because that way you don't just spend your lives together, but eternity...isn't that what they say in the songs?

there endeth the first lesson, if you read all of this then I apologize for boring you.

love Phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Re: for Old Doll

Phil Williams,

I was not bored at all.  Lovely story.

You have expressed my sentiments exactly.

Thank You.

Long loving to you both.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Re: for Old Doll

Thanks, it's nice to be in touch with like minded people, this really is a community, and I hope I can become an accepted member.

Some more songs coming up shortly

Phill x

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.