Topic: 12 String Acoustic

I'm looking at buying a 12 string. Has to have a tuner as I don't have the patience to manually tune that many strings.

Not looking at a lot of money somewhere in the Yamaha/Takamine price range.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Re: 12 String Acoustic

Why not buy a Yamaha, Takamine, or Alvarez or one of the many other excellent guitars in that price range. Then spend a few extra bucks for a tuner.

Middleaged Redneck sorta guy who refuses to grow up...passion for music, especially Southern Rock but like bout everything cept Gangsta/Hip Hop. Collect guitars, mandolins, and love to ride Harleys.

You know, for $50 I can't complain at all about my 6-string Rogue. . .they also make a $100 12-string. . .but maybe you're looking for something better.

"A steering wheel don't mean you can drive, a warm body don't mean I'm alive"
Switchfoot

Tuning a 12 string is not so difficult, but if you don't use a guitar tuner, it's sometimes so bad that you prefer to smash your guitar.
Tuners are cheap, some expensive too. I also noticed, having 2 tuners, and a few more on your floor board or your amp, that a guitar tuned with a tuner, and you plug it in a floorboard or another device that some strings are not tuned as they should be on your normal tuner.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Thanks guys I'll keep trying. Takamine with a built in pre amp is my favourite so far. I have a tuner built into my V-Amp. Makes things easy.

I know Fender has a 12 string with a built in tuner and EQ somewhere in that price range

You have to forget about what other people say; when you're supposed to die, when you're supposed to be lovin'. You have to forget about all these things. You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven.
                                                        -James Marshall Hendrix

I've owned (and loved) an Alvarez acoustic-electric 12-string somewhere in the $500 range. This is an excellent guitar for the money, and with Elixir strings, it used to sound spectactular.

Unfortunately I sold this guitar to a former "friend", who isn't my friend anymore since he bilked me out of a bunch of equipment including this guitar. He seems to avoid me, although we live in the same region. If I ever meet him again, I'll have a surprise for him. I won't be pretty, but that's leading away from the subject. Check out the Alvarez, or better yet: play a bunch of models before you decide.

Play on!

Kanagawakid, I will post some 12-string guitars, and give you some online music stores.
www.zzounds.com
www.musiciansfriend.com
These are sites where you find a lot of information: a photo, technical information like woods, prices and very important: read some comments.
Another interesting site is youtube. If you want to see a guitar in action, search for 12 string acoustic guitars, or better a brand, it gives you a better idea.
Here some 12-string + price.
On ZZOUNDS:
- Epiphone DR212 12-String Acoustic Guitar: $149,95 --> ratings 8/10
- Fender CD100 12-String Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar  $219,95 BUT ratings 6/10
- Washburn D10S12 12-String Dreadnought: $299,95 only 1 rating 6/10
On MUSICIANSFRIEND:
- MORE CHOICE and price range starting with a Fender CD160E 12-String  349,99$
- Breedlove Atlas AC250/SM 12-String 779$
- Luna Muse 12-String  $379 (never heard about this brand) Years ago, her in my country, most 12-string guitar's were OVATION. What I don't like about Ovation, unplugged is a "weaker" sound. Ovation CC-045-HB Celebrity Standard: $499
- Takamine EG523SC12 12-String Acoustic-Electric Guitar: $749
These guitars I mentioned are the most affordable. If you go to musician's friend, you will find other decent low-cost brands.
The price is getting higher and higher.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

hi! it's difficult to find  a 12 string guitar in the philippines. coz i've been looking for about a year already. i found one in jb music, a china made ovation, but the quality isn't good. anyway, i was able to buy one in bangkok worth around 11k at sale price. washburn.