Topic: distortion

i have bulit up a distortion circuit which sounds pretty hectic but im just un sure of what switch to use, should i use a switch where you click it on and it stays on until switched off or a push switch where you hold it in when distortion is needed?how are the bought one's done?

Re: distortion

You're talking about "momentary" versus "off-on":  Just about all effects use the off/on variety. But you're bringing up an interesting point: I would try both and decide then...

Play on!

That sounds like a stomp box to me, which usually have a switch that stays on until you push it again to switch it off. (don't know what the technical term for that is)

distortion stomp boxes usually have a foot switch which turns it off and then you press again to turn off

Shaneluck wrote:

i have bulit up a distortion circuit which sounds pretty hectic but im just un sure of what switch to use, should i use a switch where you click it on and it stays on until switched off or a push switch where you hold it in when distortion is needed?how are the bought one's done?

If you play stationary use the momentary switch since you wont take your foot of the switch. If you move around when you play use an off/on switch since if you move and do not need distortion at the time it will still be on.

Bootlegger.