1 (edited by Phill Williams 2009-07-16 15:57:35)

Topic: LAY WITH ME

I was browsing through the forum this morning, and as I decided to go to the shop this song popped into me head, so I had to get it down right away , It's my attempt at a Valentines song? 
and even though it's called LAY WITH ME, it's not about sex, [unless you want it to be that is?] Please let me know if it reminds you of something else too much.

Lay With MeUndefined

WHEN YOU [A]HOLD MY [Dm7] HAND I [F#m] SHIVER [D]

I JUST [A] SHAKE WHEN [Dbm] YOU ARE NEAR [Bm]- [E]

AND MY [A] MIND FLYES HIGH [Dbm7] LIKE AND EAGLE [D] IN THE [Bm] SKY

IF YOU [A] ONLY [Bm] LAY WITH ME [A]

I'VE GOT NOTHING IN MY POCKETS

I'VE GOT HOLES IN BOTH MY SHOES

BUT MY HEART IS FILLED WITH THE WARMTH THAT YOUR LOVE GIVES

WHEN YOU COME AND LAY WITH ME

CHORUS

[Bm7] LAY WITH ME, STAY WITH ME

[A] SPEND YOUR [Dbm] LIFE IN MY [D] ARMS

[Bm7] WAKE WITH ME [D augmented] EVERY DAY

[A] I'M [Dbm7] HERE FOR [Bm] YOU

THERE'S A DRUM THAT BEATS LIKE THUNDER

I DONT HEAR IT WHEN WE'RE APART

BUT IT BEATS SO LOUD WHEN EVER YOUR AROUND

LAY WITH ME, COS IT'S MY HEART

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Re: LAY WITH ME

Phil Williams,

I can think of nothing else only love when i read this.  Its not about
Materialism, just about honest loving feelings. Isn't it wonderful how good someone can make one feel.

Ps. I too was out and about early this morn, but no blinding flashes of inspiration for me!  Just the coldest sunniest crisp morning. Beautiful.

Happy Valentines Day to you also.

Well Done.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Thank you, it's nice to know that I'm not the only early bird, funnily enough I was thinking of you while I was writing it, not that way, but because of that beautiful Valentine song you wrote a couple of days ago.
In all honesty, this began as a kick in the pants for my 2nd son whose been going out with a very abusive and violent girl. We've been trying to get him to to Australia with his older brother [that's what "DONT MESS THIS UP" was about], but he did mess it up!, he got legless Sat night now his brother wont take him, and of course he went to see her that night and all hell broke lose again. Now my wife says he must choose us or her, bad move? It's done now, sorry to burden you with my troubles, on the up side, it's a gorgeous sunny day here too, and warm...is summer coming at last?

Lovely to hear from you

Phill

Phil,

No! Please ask your wife not to make him choose!   This is not the answer. Ask her please not to forfeit
her relationship with your Son.. As Parents your relationship with your son must take priorty. No one else
on this earth  is worth losing this love for..   No one will ever love him as you 2 do.
He will in time  realize his girlfriend cannot give him what he needs to live a fulfilled life. Dont pass him
over completely to someone who it seems doesnt know how to love.   It seems  to me everyone is hurting in this situation.

Positive thoughts to you both.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

hi phil great song ,sorry to hear about your troubles but take helena's advice ,i've got a troublesome son but we stick by him even though he cause a lot of grief...stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

Hi guys,
thanks for the support, as things turn out, his brother relented and they left for Heathrow at 3o'clock after a lot of panicking and phoning, tickets,taxi's...you know? anyway he's gone and we're still talking, we would never have turned our backs on him really...his ex is another matter!

Phill