1 (edited by Oldnewbie 2008-02-18 04:46:42)

Topic: Whiskey Love

I see my chord patterns are becoming rather predictable.

Chordpro error: This is not a valid artistname. You will have to specify an artistname in the form {st: Artistname} in the beginning of the code.

Just play

Re: Whiskey Love

Sad song Larry but it sure plays well....

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Hi Oldnewbie,

Thank God i never was reared with in this kind of home. I was lucky enough
to just know love.
I did know a lot who only knew this life.. Yes! Men and woman break more then each others hearts.
I could smell the smoke/ whiskey and anger in these lyrics..

So well written.

Ps i did play this one. Now i bet i got the melody wrong?

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Thanks, Jets, and Old Doll.

I'm still working the strum for this one... I am using kind of a herky-jerky downstroke thing for the verses, then just a D-D -- U-U -- D-U-D through the refrain, ending the C on all downs, and really thumping the baseline on the Em.

Let me know if you find something else that works. I'm trying to get this one down so I can get it on my website.

LIfe hasn't always been as good as it is now.

I truly believe that struggle and adversity build character, but so do love and nurturing, which are much less painful.

Just play

5 (edited by Oldnewbie 2008-02-18 15:47:45)

Mama, stop him leavin’… 
Please don’t shut him out of our lives!

It has always fascinated me that, regardless of how we are treated, love dies hard, especially for a parent.

Just play

Oldnewbie
Powerful lyrics in well constructed song easy to play.
I both strummed and picked and I think strumming is most suited to the song.
Anyway Well Done
Ark

Hi Oldnewbie,

Like Arkady I found strumming suited your song better, pressing then partially lifting my fingers off the fretboard to deaden the sound seemed to me to give it the right edge for this dramatic and harrowing song. Well done.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Thanks, Roger and Arkady...

I agree, I definitely feel the need to strum this one.

I'll try your technique, Roger.

I guess that means I'll be up late tonight!  smile

I appreciate the input!

If anyone would like to record it, please feel free. I plan to have it on my site sometime this week.

Just play

hi oldnewbie so much misery is caused by the old bottle people can't seem to control their intake then they've no control over their actions .but great song...stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

Thanks, daddycool. You are right.

I have always thought the sign of being "grown up" is when you accept responsibility for yourself.

Some folks never do.

Just play