1 (edited by jets60 2008-02-18 01:33:19)

Topic: "Faces of Love"

My friend Saba Hasan asked me, and her other friends, to describe love and not one to miss out on a songwriting opportunity I decided to make a song out of it. To me love has many aspects: the love of a parent, a child, a friend and husband or wife. I've tried to capture my thoughts and feelings on love in this song.

Faces of Love By Jeff Gilpin

February 17th, 2008

Verse 1

[G]Growing up so [D]far

I’ve [Em]learned a bit about [C]love

A [G]word laced with much [D]mystery

[Em]And the aspects [A]of what I think of [D]love [D7]

Verse 2

[G]Mom and Dad looked [D]after me

[Em]Raised me to who I [C]am

[G]Hard to say just [D]where I’d be

[Em]Raised a different [A]way I can’t [D]say [D7]

Chorus

[Em]Life would not be [A]worth a [D]fraction

[Em]Without all the [A]people at[D]traction

[C]Without it I would not even [G]try

[Em]But with love driving I do more than get [A]by [Em] [A] [A7]

Verse 3

[G]More friends than I could [D]count

[Em]Growing up in ever changing [C]times

[G]Even though I lost track of [D]most

[Em]They hide so sub[A]lime in my [D]rhymes [D7]

Verse 4

[G]The reason I’m here to[D]day

[Em]Why I try hard to pur[C]sue

The [G]life that has led me [D]here

I [Em]go on because [A]you love me [D]true [D7]

Chorus

Verse 5

[G]Your world changes quite a [D]bit

The [Em]moment you help create [C]life

[G]I cannot describe how power[D]less

[Em]Looking on in [A]spite loving with all your [D]might [D7]

Verse 6

[G]So if tomorrow I’m gone from this [D]world

[Em]I’ll truly believe my life’s been worth[C]while

The [G]love I’ve had and been [D]given

[Em] Let me live in [A]style and with a [D]smile [D7]

Chorus

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Re: "Faces of Love"

Man, Jets... You hit all the bases with this one.

I really like the arrangement, too. The lyrics are true to the heart. I particularly liked the part about creating life.

No kidding, huh? 

Great job.

Just play

Thanks - I tried to keep the chords kind of reflective if you know what I mean. Yeah, creating life is a real eye opener. My 2 are off on their own way far from me and there is nothing I can do to keep them safe and secure other than letting them know that I'm here for them if they need me.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

jets60 wrote:

My 2 are off on their own way far from me and there is nothing I can do to keep them safe and secure other than letting them know that I'm here for them if they need me.

I am not looking forward to my Bug leaving the nest. That has to be the scariest thing a grown man can face.

I guess all we can do is try to teach them right, and let them know they always have a home.

Just play

Yep, that's a fact. My youngest, the girl, is 22 now and she left this past year with her bf who is not far too from my age which was way scary but once the kids reach that age...sigh...they have to figure it out on their own. My son is over in the desert dodging bullets so he's not doing me any favors either. I'm hoping he's real good at dodging.

J  E  T  S

Another beauty Jets.

Old Doll

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

jets60 wrote:

My son is over in the desert dodging bullets so he's not doing me any favors either. I'm hoping he's real good at dodging.

I'll keep your son in my prayers.

What is his name? (none of my business, but it feels better to make a prayer personal).

Just play

Hi Jeff,

Great song and what a wonderful way to answer Saba's query. I would agree with you that there is more than one type of love and your song addresses the question superbly.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Oldnewbie wrote:
jets60 wrote:

My son is over in the desert dodging bullets so he's not doing me any favors either. I'm hoping he's real good at dodging.

I'll keep your son in my prayers.

What is his name? (none of my business, but it feels better to make a prayer personal).

Hey Larry,

His name is Timothy and thanks for the prayers for him.

J  E  T  S

Thanks Lena and Roger.

J  E  T  S

hi jeff lovely song gets you thinking about our own lives and where we've got to in life,i've got five left the roost 1-30mls away,1-15mls away,3 live locally,two youngest at home you never stop worring about them wherever they are...stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

Thanks Daddy - I wish mine were that close. It's a real chore for them both to get home but we love it when they visit.

J  E  T  S