Topic: TRANSFORM YOUR 100$ SQUIER INTO A 100$ FENDER

http://www.imuso.co.uk/directory/guitar … e-tips.htm

This is an interesting link, it's written very accurate, for upgrading your guitar.
Strings --> Paint --> Changing neck --> changing pick-ups, with silent coils...
It creates also the opportunity to sell a SQUIER as a FENDER = CHEATING people. If I buy a 1000$ Fender, I am not going to analyse my guitar.
mad   sad

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: TRANSFORM YOUR 100$ SQUIER INTO A 100$ FENDER

Hi Phil, was checking through eBaY for Stratocasters a few days ago and I noticed alot of highly dubious stuff for sale. You have to be really suspicious of wording, some of the ads have 'Fender' and 'Strat' all over them but what they are selling is a no name copy, and they never explicitly admit it. Strats are so easy to build and so numerous that the market is a minefield.

I would never buy one unseen (pictures on eBay are usually cruddy, this suits the dodgy sellers) or from anything other than a bricks and mortar shop. Beware the fakes.

Either buy new or build from parts but yes there are lots of cheats out there...

'The sound of the city seems to disappear'

Before I would spent, say a thousand bucks, for a Fender or Gibson on Ebay or other auctions...I would obtain the serial number and check with the Fender or Gibson customer service for accurate information. It's pretty easy to "dress" up some of those guitars and represent them as a higher end or American made model...   Ebay has some good information on how to spot counterfeits and forgeries...

Middleaged Redneck sorta guy who refuses to grow up...passion for music, especially Southern Rock but like bout everything cept Gangsta/Hip Hop. Collect guitars, mandolins, and love to ride Harleys.

Yes that's what I do too. My reasons are similar, but here most used to IMPORT a guitar.
My financial condition, starts now to be more and more stabilized, and there is a 90% chance to go with "mammy (isn't that sweet?) to CANADA.
I am heavy infected with an ACOUSTIC PRS. About serial numbers, some are really hard to read, a "guitar anatomy" is not my thing, and yes this CAN BE TROUBLE. On ebay, I was fooled once, or ripped of for 50$. One time I bought a "Chinese" GIBSON, transport included 250$. This was a real beauty, but FEED-BACK. A friend who played STAGG, wanted that guitar so bad, AGAIN a proof how important THE NAME "GIBSON" IS. I told him that it was a fake, but he gave me on the spot 400$, even the headstock is different. We had topics about why we always discussed that you pay 'the name" of these brands, Fender, Gibson PRS. In my transaction, I sold ONLY THE NAME!! He had to show his friends, in their band, that he has a GIBSON.
I don't think that I can give you a better example: he bought that guitar, I told him a dozen of times that this wasn't the real stuff. AMAZING, and he is still proud, he used Gibson humbuckers to replace the other and is veryn very happy.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

gitaardocphil wrote:

http://www.imuso.co.uk/directory/guitar … e-tips.htm

This is an interesting link, it's written very accurate, for upgrading your guitar.
Strings --> Paint --> Changing neck --> changing pick-ups, with silent coils...
It creates also the opportunity to sell a SQUIER as a FENDER = CHEATING people. If I buy a 1000$ Fender, I am not going to analyse my guitar.
mad   sad

Phil,

The old saying goes you can't  make a silk purse out of a sows ear. Your squire will still be a squire, with that said you can (in some cases and models) make a squire sound very good. Their are unscruplious people that will re decal a squire and hot rod it to sell it as a Fender out there.

Bootlegger.

Thanks again BOOT, I told you, and now in public: I TRUST AND APPRECIATE what you write. Your answers are to the point, and very "educative."
We had already several discussions about WHY GIBSON, FENDER, MARTIN?
I know a few people who changed ELECTRONICS, by buying an Epihone, the add some GIBSON humbuckers, same for squier. I DON'T BLAME IT, these players don't have the money OR don't want to spend 2000$ for a Gibson LP standard. These people are often those who ask the question about why GIBSON....
In extreme cases, they buy a GIBSON neck (there are a lot of people, and certain on Ebay, selling parts, like necks, Humbuckers, coils). I once bought a "CHINESE GIBSON" you can see the difference, especially the head stock (different shape, but similar). The guitar arrived here, knowing that it was a CHINESE, and guess what: the looks were great, magnificent top, and within a month, an acquaintance MUST HAVE THAT GIBSON, knowing that it was a CHINESE copy. This guitar didn't sound bad, except for the huge feedback. So that guy bought my FAKESON LP CUSTOM purpose? Every one could see he played on a GIBSON. People are like that, he was so happy, and me too (€€€ benefit), he changed the pick-ups and placed EMG pick-ups. That guitar had improved, and sounded great.
I've been in many countries, and there you can see a lot of curiosities. In INDIA: changing money on the streets, but 75% are counting so fast and they cheat you, also the PHILIPPINES, my brother, now in Dubai, told me unbelievable stories. He was really clever and smart, changing money on the street, not giving 1€ before the money was correct (it's illegal)and being married with a Philippine girl, he had serious contacts. He bought a house, for 50% less than if he should have changed his money on a bank.
Wherever you go, it's a WORLDWIDE problem FAKE PRODUCTS, I even heard that this business is more LUCRATIVE than drugs.

The problem with faking is that people check out the logo rather than feeling the quality. Once you know what a genuine instrument looks and feels like you are unlikely to be taken in but most people will never see the real thing. Logos and stickers give people a feeling of security. No matter how good or bad the finish or sound it's a Fender/Gibson/PRS. When you buy an unknown name you have to be more certain that you like the product, there's little resale market for lesser-known luthiers.

My advice is know what quality you are looking for, if you are satisfied by a model then it doesn't matter what's on the headstock. Don't let gear snobs put you off with their fancy brands.

'The sound of the city seems to disappear'