Re: Slipping picks

i wasn't being serious

upyerkilt wrote:

another option to make your pick/plectrum is to make a hole in them so you finger and thumb make skin contact.
I think you can also buy plectrums that have holes in them already.
Since your skin touches skin there is no way the plecky can slip.

As for Russell saying hold it tighter, this will give you cramp in your hand after a while, unless you exersise your hand with some weights and really build those muscles up lol

yeah, a hole in the plectrum is my answer.

Ken

"Growing old is not for sissies"

lol
russell,
I didnt think you were being, but since it is so hard to tell when reading online it is best to have a lol or a smile to show, or people like me, gulable ppl like me lol wil thin kyou are serious, or maybe not think you are but answer as if they think you are. lol

I just love the lol to help ppl understand lol

:)0
wink

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

I used to have this problem , mine always seemed to want to rotate 90
degrees . Bummer when you're playing along and come up to that spot where you're supposed to deliver that little lead line and suddenly you have no tip to work with .
   I also use the dunlops , but I've been using the
" snot " for years . The other guys give my crap , but you don't see me  fumbling
around to grab another pick either .

" Just reading the lyrics , it's hard to hear the song , but if the words tug at the heartstrings......it's enough for now........... "

I have used both the ones with the hole in them (Everly Star Picks) and the ones with the emery board like grips (Snarling Dog Brain Picks) and decided that I wanted the best of both worlds.  So what I do now is take a sigle hole punch to a Snarling Dog and I have a pick that gives you a little skin contact and a some grip as well.

Slipping picks or picking slips?
DUNLOP rules. I tried a lot of picks, Gibson, Martin, Fender, they are all somewhere in my house. BUT my Dunlops: never got a bad experience

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

I prefer picks that have indents on either one or both sides of the pick, if it's thick enough. I had the same problem playing bass, and i got a really thick pick with finger indents, and that solved all of my problems.

32 (edited by Guitarpix 2008-02-27 22:25:07)

sinjin wrote:

You could try cat toung picks they almost have what feels like sandpapper on them realy cool

I bought a guitar the other day and there were a few of these in the case. They were the cat tongue .60s. I tried them out and have to say I'm very impressed! Amazing grip on these things! I just ordered a set of slighly heavier ones. I'd have to recommend these as well. I'm not saying I prefer these to my Dunlops but they are just as good! IMO... We'll see when the right gauge gets here....Peace! -Pix

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

i wont use a smiley face but if they have one with the middle finger that would come in useful

upyerkilt wrote:

lol
russell,
I didnt think you were being, but since it is so hard to tell when reading online it is best to have a lol or a smile to show, or people like me, gulable ppl like me lol wil thin kyou are serious, or maybe not think you are but answer as if they think you are. lol

I just love the lol to help ppl understand lol

:)0
wink

Ken

"Growing old is not for sissies"

I've found the secret... my pick only slips when I'm thinking about it

You have to forget about what other people say; when you're supposed to die, when you're supposed to be lovin'. You have to forget about all these things. You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven.
                                                        -James Marshall Hendrix