1 (edited by Phill Williams 2009-07-16 15:47:34)

Topic: Robinson Crusoe

As usual I was messing around on the old string box, when a riff came to the old digits, then words sprang to mind, it ended up a little morose, as it deals with a castaway waiting for the angels to come and take him. As usual the words wrote themselves, all I had to do was find a title, it reminded me of the Robinson Crusoe story, even though it has nothing to do with him, or the Tom Hanks film! Hope you like it...

Robinson Crusoe Phill Willimas

When the [D] sea comes rolling ashore [*]

And the light of the day is no more [D]

And the [D] clouds that were white puffs up high [*]

Shed they're tears on the sand as they [D] cry

chorus

And the [Em] surf through the [G] shingle is [F#m] white

and the [Bm] thunder of the [Em] sea in the [A] night

[D] Horizon! see the moon cast it's light [*]

And I'm [C] waiting for the [G] angels tonight [D]

60 years- this beach has been home

Through wars and strife it's been home

Though the world of men will change

The sea and my beach will remain

rep chorus

bridge

[A] Angels I'm [Gdim] waiting for [Bm] you

Come [G] carry me [Gm] home to the [D] blue

This [A] life has [Gdim] taken it's [Bm] time

Now the [G] sea can claim one more [Gm] life...

When the sea comes rolling ashore

Take me home to the deep sea once more

Since the day I was washed up and saved

And the madness took me over I raved...

rep chorus

* THIS IS A CHORD I HAVE NO NAME FOR..NOTES ARE; [FROM THE BOTTOM] G, D, G&A OPEN, B, TOP E IS OPTIONAL wink

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Re: Robinson Crusoe

Hi Phill Williams,

This is a lovely piece of writing. Your good with lyrics.

Couldn't help but think of all the wonderful fishermen we lost last year to the sea.

Im getting the shivers here reading this, as we have that kind of weather again here at the moment.

May they all return safely home..DV.

Well done, lovely song.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Hi Phill,

If I read it correctly the mysterious chord is X20033 and if so this is in fact a variation of G. http://www.all-guitar-chords.com/chord_name.php is handy to keep in your favourites to help with chord names.

Any way nice song but we really must get you recording them so that we can hear them the way you intended them to be.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Thank you Helena, always nice to hear from you, yes we are getting the same weather in Wales, where I am is not quite so bad at the moment, I got woken by a huge [no exaggeration] thunder clap earlier, frightening!

Roger, yes I agree with you. To be honest, I do record every song I write, I just still can't upload them to myspace!!!, I am on the musicians page I think as I got to upload one song, then it told me it had not got there. I can't find that page again, I'm just a dick...

I thought that chord might be some kind of G, maybe with an added 4th? On the other hand it could be a variation of E minor with an added 7th and G note on the bottom string! Any way it's all academic, we should leave the arguments for the people who care about chromatic sequences and things like that. I'm just a strummer who learned to play chords [very loudly] so that I could sing in my bedroom with out people thinking I was crazy!

Thanks again

Phill smile

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.