Topic: Simon & Patrick advice required

Hi All,

I'm considering buying a used Simon & Patrick SP6 but know very little about the brand/model.....Can anyone Stateside/Canada advise please?

Thanks,

her

Re: Simon & Patrick advice required

I've had an SP6 for 6 years and have loved the relationship.  I had my action lowered, and a strap peg put in so I didn't have to tie off at the headstock, and it pretty much play it all the time.  Fantastic materials / construction considering the price, have never had tuner issues--warm, rich, tone.  If you like a lot of high end response, probably not your guitar, but if a well rounded mid-range tone with a good bass response is your thing--you'll love it.  The cedar is a little soft so be very carefull--it will nick up a bit, but after 6 years mine looks just a little worn, but I think it just gives it character.

They are made in Canada--I think by the same comany that makes Seagull and Laravee.

Hope this helps!

frank

Hi Frank,

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated !

her

Simon&Patrick are excellent guitars Sound wise an SP6 will give any  $1500 gutar a run for there money.
They really do have incredible sound and quality for the money.

Yep, I've gotta agree with Frankster and copper. I've had one for roughly six months now and it plays really well. It does nick pretty easy, as mentioned, but I wouldn't let that put me off buying one. Only gripe I had was that the action was a shade high and I got a tiny bit of fret buzz at the 'dusty' end. I would imagine most mid range guitars have little problems though. Anyway, it was nothing a wee set up didn't sort out.

A lot of guitar for the money I reckon. A very well made guitar that sounds terrific imo.

Craig.

Blind acceptance is a sign, of stupid fools who stand in line.  John Lydon.

'Mod' is a shorter word for 'young, beautiful and stupid' - we've all been there." - Pete Townshend.