Re: Your Favourite Lyrics

Clip from a song that Dino Vallentti wrote and was recorded by Jefferson Airplane with no success , then made a hit by Jesse Collin Young's band in '68
called " Get Together "
  " Some may come and some may go.......
   We will surely pass......
   When the one that left us here.........
   Returns for us , at last....."

" Just reading the lyrics , it's hard to hear the song , but if the words tug at the heartstrings......it's enough for now........... "

From Dire Straight's Industrial Disease

"Two men say they're Jesus.  One of them must be wrong."

Also, "The watch dog has rabies, the foreman has fleas.  Everyone knows that it's Industrial Disease." 

It's a great song, and just about everyone who was living and understood what having a job meant (or at least a vague notion) at the time it came out had a bad case of Industrial Disease.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

28 (edited by cynet 2008-03-18 23:10:56)

great thread!

You've got a lot of nerve to say you are my friend when I was down you just. stood there grinning; (Bob Dylan);)

The Crickets with Buddy Holly on "Not Fade Away"

"My love's bigger than a Cadillac"

Great line Alexpress!  The next line fits it perfectly, and a lot of us have been there, "I drive it forward, but you push me back"

Here's one I heard on the radio this morning from Pickup Man, sorry I don't know the artist.

"You can set fire to my truck and roll it down a hill,
and I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe deVille."

Gosh, there's a lot of good lyrics out there.  Lots of really dopey ones too, but so many good ones. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Take this Job and shove it ,I aint workin here no more. Johnny Paycheck

Wish coke was still cola and joint was a bad place to be. "Are the Good Times Really Over."  Merle Haggard.

Later, Wayne P

Also any doors lyric. Jim was a GREAT lyricist.

tongue:P:P:P:P

"Italian mobster shoots a lobster"-Joe Strummer

"When the mode of the music changes, the wall of the city shake"
-Plato