Topic: Need Acoustic song!!!

I soon have an exam in guitar and I need one more song that is challenging and easy on the ears.My current ones are:

Wish you were Here By Pink Floyd
Soul To squeeze By The Red Hot Chili Peppers
Sitting,waiting By Jack Johnson

I find all these songs really easy but I think that they are pretty nice sounding and are enjoying to play.

Re: Need Acoustic song!!!

sounds like your playing is more advanced than my own, meaning you could probably be able to play Eric Clapton's " tear in heaven" properly.
I have heard only one person playing this really good apart from Clapton himself. And sitting in a room with someone playing this song note for note is just a wonderful exprerience to the ear hole.

so I nominate "Tears in Heaven"

but if that is too hard then the Who's " behind blue eyes."
If you can get a copy of Pete Townshend playing it solo it is marvelous, also easy to play as I can play it.

ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

upyerkilt wrote:

sounds like your playing is more advanced than my own, meaning you could probably be able to play Eric Clapton's " tear in heaven" properly.
I have heard only one person playing this really good apart from Clapton himself. And sitting in a room with someone playing this song note for note is just a wonderful exprerience to the ear hole.

If you can get a copy of Pete Townshend playing it solo it is marvelous, also easy to play as I can play it.

ken

The problem is that it has two guitars sad I could play it no problem im just not sure about playing another two guitar song.

Behind Blue eyes would probley get boring for the listener for a while with no singing.

Thanks anyways tough,im going to look closer at tears in heaven to see if theres a way to play it using both parts at times were they seem influencual to the song

Try "Ophelia" by  The Band. Nice little intro and good beat.
Just got it down pat and is a fun tune to do.

...Badeye.

one caper after another

Cazador wrote:
upyerkilt wrote:

ken

The problem is that it has two guitars sad I could play it no problem im just not sure about playing another two guitar song.

Behind Blue eyes would probley get boring for the listener for a while with no singing.

Thanks anyways tough,im going to look closer at tears in heaven to see if theres a way to play it using both parts at times were they seem influencual to the song

I play Tears in Heaven by myself, I just add in the other guitar's fills when Clapton is playing chords, and the solo when Clapton is playing chords.  If you are decent at finger picking, I'd recommend Eric Johnson's Song for George-very blusey, fun to play, easy to listen to, and it's only like a minute and a half long.  That one is in a strange tuning, I'm not sure what it's called, but it's DADGAd (low to high).  One other one I like to play is Clapton's Layla acoustic, though I don't sing so I go from the intro into the solo, and it makes a good minute-and-a-half to two-minute song all by itself without the chorus.  The solo is cool and fairly easy to play (by the way, Clapton and Johnson are in my humble opinion the best guitar players the world has ever seen).  Good luck!

"A steering wheel don't mean you can drive, a warm body don't mean I'm alive"
Switchfoot

If you're good at finger picking, learn this one....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BaRcQWVeUQc

Wonderful arrangement for one guitar

You have to forget about what other people say; when you're supposed to die, when you're supposed to be lovin'. You have to forget about all these things. You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven.
                                                        -James Marshall Hendrix

Or just go to youtube and type in "guitar cover" or "acoustic cover" for some ideas

You have to forget about what other people say; when you're supposed to die, when you're supposed to be lovin'. You have to forget about all these things. You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven.
                                                        -James Marshall Hendrix

8 (edited by Cazador 2008-03-20 16:57:05)

etc_04 wrote:

Or just go to youtube and type in "guitar cover" or "acoustic cover" for some ideas

I did,nothing good came up and if it did it was too piss or didnt sound good without singing

And thanks gos to everyone who through in ideas,im going to be looking at them all but im still open to ideas smile

9 (edited by ian j 2008-03-20 19:18:06)

just got this one myself and its very easy on the ear    "may you never" by john martyn
hope this helps........nil satis nisi optimum

http://www.e-chords.com/guitartab.asp?idmusica=102805

I put out my hand just to touch your soft hair......

I would definitely recommend "Sunsets and car crashes" by the spill canvas

Its a really good song and I think it would set you apart from other people. its more original!

Good Luck with whatever song you choose!

Try either James Taylor or John Denver... if your looking for tabs...or try the Eagles.

You can't fail with the Beatles.

They're all great, just grab a short and easy one.

If you're not happy with what you have...
Then you'll never be happy with what you get...

Suite Judy Blue Eyes by Stephen Stills should do the trick

Hi there Cazador.  Try "Classical Gas" - original by Mason Williams, covered by Eric Clapton.

...to play is to live...

Harryboals wrote:

Hi there Cazador.  Try "Classical Gas" - original by Mason Williams, covered by Eric Clapton.

Man im listening to this song at the moment and it kicks so much ass,iv been looking for this song forever!Im am seriously considering learning this or tears in heaven.
Thanks to everone helping,im always open to suggestions even if i choose one cause ye might just give me one that would make me change my mind smile

Lenny  by Stevie Ray Vaughn.  Sounds great on an acoustic

Now available in 5G !

Tangerine Led Zepplin

Jack and Diane John Mellincamp (sounds great acustic)

Stair way to Heaven (jk)
Oh heres a good one Over the Hills and Far Away by Led Zepplin sounds great

So Red Delicious

badeye wrote:

Try "Ophelia" by  The Band. Nice little intro and good beat.
Just got it down pat and is a fun tune to do.

...Badeye.

Another good one by the band is The Weight. I love that song and it's huuuuge fun to play!

All I got, is a red guitar, three chords and the truth

06sc500 wrote:

...That one is in a strange tuning, I'm not sure what it's called, but it's DADGAd (low to high).

Isn't that Open G?

YOUR BODY IS A WONDERLAND (John Mayer)

Smooth and Jazzy. 3CF

Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best.
Henry Van Dyke

Mayer has some cool Acoustic peaces. 3CF

Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best.
Henry Van Dyke

I second the nomination for 'Tears in Heaven'.  Yes it has a second guitar which adds a lot to the song.  But if you play the first guitar it's fantastic.   I play it on my own and I think it sounds great. 

Second suggestion for something completly differant is Damian Rice's Cannonball. 

Enjoy

Pat

My ambition far exceeds my ability

Needle and damage done - Neil young - sounds harder than it actually is
The Blower's Daughter - Damien Rice -  open easy strum and sounds very nice. Cannonballs's great too.

Shane

Oh just thought of a great one and its real eay too.  Blackbird by the beatles sounds awesome!!!

So Red Delicious

what about Speak softly Love...the godfather theme...excellent piece

get an idea here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLVsHRdqIXc

I have some good songs in my songbook (gitaardocphil's soundbook) having some great songs

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]