Topic: t:title"a cowboy song"

[a]i'll sing you a [d]cowboy song
out on the[em]dusty trail
by the[d] campfire you'll[a]sing along,
you can [em]hear the coyotes [a]howling
[em]while i'm playing a[d]cow-boy[a]song.

[a]we wake up[d]next morning,[em]to the cooks call
[d]tucker is ready,[a]coffee's on the[em]boil
we[d]washj up in the creek,[a]fill our bottles[em]too
then[d]we'll mosey on outa here,'[em]cause the trail is[a] long.
the[d]wagons start rolling,[a]as we ride this [em]dusty trail
[a]till the sun sets over the[d] rockies
[em]another night by the[a] campfire
and i'll[em]play another [d]cowboy[a]song.

[a]a new day[d] dawns,we[a] round up the [em]strays
they[d]wandered off[em]in the night
[d]take e'm back t-o the[a] herd
[em]while i'm[d] singing a[em] cowboy [a]song.

[a]we drive the herd[d] into town
[em]put them in the[a] cor-all
[d]mosey on [a]down to the saloon
and [em]while we have a few[a] beers
[em]we'll listen to[d] another [em]cow-boy[a] song.
                           the end.

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

Re: t:title"a cowboy song"

daddy cool it looks like you are almost posting in chopro formating if you add just a couple commands (typed lines) your songs will come up like "reflections"with the chords above the words in blue

"Growing old is not for sissies"

yippieayeokeeaieh, i think you got this from watching rawhide back in the sixties didnt you?
i dont mean you copied it, i can just picture you on horseback strumming your guitar, eating your beans, and blowing the froth off your ice cool beer... ooops there goes another dawgie clint i mean daddy.

great imagination and imagery
keep up the good work

all the best stay cool

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

hi guys i used to watch rawhide,bonanza,little house on the prairie,all the john wayne & clint eastwood films,roy rogers,lone ranger,high chaperal,i still watch them again when they're on,thanks for your comments....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

So Good Daddycool,

Well my 8 brothers were cowboy and Injun Mad. To this day i hate the smell of caps!

But i just kept thinking of that hilarious  windy scene from " Blazing Saddles" reading this.

Yeehaw! Daddycool.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

hi helena you can't beat the old movies for the best action it makes you want to watch them over n over stay cool

Daddycool - One of the songs I learned to sing as a lullabye is James Taylor's "Sweet Baby James".  It starts out with the lyric "There is a young cowboy..."  My kids know Sweet Baby James and request it by one title "The Cowboy Song", so your title caught my attention immediately, and now the lyrics have caught my imagination.  I shall give this one a try and see if I can put a melody to it.  Thanks so much.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

hi zurf you should be able to pick it up i keep my songs for easy playing ,most cowboy songs i pick base string and strum down.have fun....stay cool