Topic: Favorite song to play

Currently, at the moment... what is the funnest song you love to play. If it's different on acoustic and electric, list both. I figure this is a good way also to get some new song ideas besides browsing the song books.

Acoustic- Where Did You Sleep Last Night- Nirvana's Leadbelly cover (fun to belt out)

Electric- Enter Sandman- Metallica

You have to forget about what other people say; when you're supposed to die, when you're supposed to be lovin'. You have to forget about all these things. You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven.
                                                        -James Marshall Hendrix

Re: Favorite song to play

Acoustic- Classico by Tenacious D
Electric- Acquiesce by Oasis

Good thread smile

don't ever stand aside, don't ever be denied
you gotta be who you be if you're comin' with me
cool
okay??

Currently I'm really enjoying playing" Go On" from Jack Johnsons new album. It's easy to play and has a great beat to it. Aside from that one, I always enjoy playing "Steal My Kisses" by Ben Harper. It always seems to put me in a good mood and leaves me wanting to play more. On those mellow days I tend to play Jimmy Buffets "Pirate at 40" throughout the day.

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

I like playing "Name" by the Goo Goo Dolls. It's fairly easy to play but people think you have mad guitar skills when they hear you play it.

"Do or do not, there is no try." Yoda

I quite like playing "Beast and the Harlot" by Avenged Sevenfold and "Living on a Prayer" by Bon Jovi. I know, total opposite ends of the spectrum but hey

Great thread etc_04, I just printed and played that Leadbelly tune - Great choice fun to play and belt out as you said!

I can't say I have any favs at the moment - been practicing a few Clapton tunes, but I don't have my arms around them yet!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

I just love doing Sonny Terry and Brownie MaGhee's version of In America. Great little blues number and fun .

...Badeye.

one caper after another

Sweet Child of mine and hey Joe. Love hey joe's feel.Also Verse chorus verse.

tongue:P:P:P:P

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Turn Into.  The first one I could sing and strum. It's been my favourite song to play for quite a while now, so simple to strum but yet quite tricky to get the melody absolutely spot on. Love that song. smile

I'm also having a lot of fun attempting my own laid back acoustic version of SLF - Alternative Ulster, not so easy when your minds telling your strumming hand to thrash the bejesus out of yer guitar!!

Craig.

Blind acceptance is a sign, of stupid fools who stand in line.  John Lydon.

'Mod' is a shorter word for 'young, beautiful and stupid' - we've all been there." - Pete Townshend.

Acoustic - Adalida (George Strait)/I Go Back (Kenny Chesney)

Electric - The Wicker Man (Iron Maiden)/All The Small Things (Blink 182/Longview (Green Day)

Electric:  Gibson Les Paul Studio, Schecter Omen 6, PRS SE Custom
Acoustic:  Fender Talman, Yamaha
Amp:  Fender Super Champ XD/Line6 Spider III 75

On my acoustic I love to play Layla (acoustic), on the electric, I really have a lot of fun busting out some power chords on Lonely is the Night.

"A steering wheel don't mean you can drive, a warm body don't mean I'm alive"
Switchfoot

Search and Destroy by Iggy Pop & the Stooges is fun also.

It changes daily, but today my favorite to play on acoustic is "Ain't No Sunshine". 

I play on an electric exactly the same way as I play on an acoustic, but some songs just sound better amplified.  I've been working on "What I Like About You" on electric, but last time I got together with friends, they stuck in "My Sherrie" lyrics and it worked great.  So we had a good time playing and singing both songs at once, first one chorus and then another verse and wherever it flowed.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

My favourite song to bash out on electric is now Bulls On Parade by Rage Against The Machine. smile
I had great fun playing about with this earlier, I went absolutely mad with it, you should be upset you didn't see it, as it would've been quite amusing. Maybe I should show you all videos of me going crazy with a crappy guitar. hmm

cool
okay??

Oh yeah.Bulls on parade is awesome to play.

Zurf wrote:

It changes daily, but today my favorite to play on acoustic is "Ain't No Sunshine". 

I play on an electric exactly the same way as I play on an acoustic, but some songs just sound better amplified.  I've been working on "What I Like About You" on electric, but last time I got together with friends, they stuck in "My Sherrie" lyrics and it worked great.  So we had a good time playing and singing both songs at once, first one chorus and then another verse and wherever it flowed.

- Zurf

Good for you...those are some fast changes on "What I Like About You".

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

I've been playing New Shoes on acoustic--loads of fun.
On electric, Heaven's so far Away--The Offspring is a great song to make the 'ol ears ring, love it.

gnomefry wrote:

sarcasm? hmm

cool
okay??

(0)==#paranormal guitar wrote:
gnomefry wrote:

sarcasm? hmm

No. love playing that.:)

Acoustic favs: I Will Follow You Into the Dark by Death Cab For Cutie and/or Telephone Line by Electric Light Orchestra  and/or I Will Survive by Cake (cover of Gloria Gaynor (I think))

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

gnomefry wrote:
gnomefry wrote:

sarcasm? hmm

oh good. smile i'm so crap at telling if people are sarcastic or not hmm i need to take lessons...

cool
okay??

gnomefry wrote:

sarcasm? hmm

oh good. smile i'm so crap at telling if people are sarcastic or not hmm i need to take lessons...

It's hard when reading.

Todays favourite : Superman by Lazlo Bane. i.e. Theme tune for "Scrubs"

Sounds great acoustic. Even with me singing!

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

my favorit song to play.... "Greensleves" even though i like hardcore metal. its cause i kool like dat

The problem with the world is people having lack of commen sense...and warning labels. So if we remove warning labels the problem will fix itself.