Topic: "Wedding Song"

I saw a a thread on the Chat Corner where a wedding song was requested. As I had never written one I thought I would have a go and this is the result. The photo on MySpace is my daughter , Donna and her hubby, Steve.

http://www.myspace.com/rogerguppy

Wedding Songby Roger Guppy

A romantic waltz

Intro:

[F][Am][Bb][C]

[F][Fm][C][G]

Verse 1:

[C]This is a [Am]special day [F]for just [C]two,

Though [F]many are [Fm]gathered a[C]round,[G]

One [C]woman, one [Am]man, the [F]bride and the [G]groom,

[F]Each, their [G]soulmate has [C]found.[G]

Verse 2:

[C]Her for [Am]him and [F]he for [C]her,

Is [F]how it is [Fm]meant to [C]be,[G]

[C]Health and [Am]happiness through [F]good and [G]bad,

Their [F]lives en[G]twined for eterni[C]ty.[C7]

Chorus:

[F]You've made your [Bb]vows before [F]man and [C]God,

And ex[Bb]changed rings as a [C]sign you be[F]long,[C]

To[F]gether you [Bb]stand, [F]two that are [C]one,

[Bb]Bound with a [C]love that is [F]strong.[C]

[F][Am][Bb][C]

[F][Fm][C][G]

Verse 3:

[C]Whatever [Am]life may [F]throw your [C]way,

Your [F]love will [Fm]see you [C]through,[G]

[C]Stand side by [Am]side through [F]thick and [G]thin,

And [F]nothing can [G]overcome [C]you.[G]

Verse 4:

[C]Even [Am]in your [F]twilight [C]years,

[F]Memories of this [Fm]day will be with [C]you,[G]

As the [C]start of the [Am]path to [F]happi[G]ness,

And the [F]bond of a [G]love that is [C]true.[C7]

Chorus:

[F]You've made your [Bb]vows before [F]man and [C]God,

And ex[Bb]changed rings as a [C]sign you be[F]long,[C]

To[F]gether you [Bb]stand, [F]two that are [C]one,

[Bb]Bound with a [C]love that is [F]strong.[F]

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Re: "Wedding Song"

Wow Roger beautiful song, if I were to marry Gem again[third time] I would ask for permission to use that song.Sums up a wedding day nicely.

...Badeye.

one caper after another

hi roger,

lovelly sentiments, well written, thought i'd have a quick listen on my space before commenting, but it aint got there yet, i'll try again tomorrow.

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Thanks Badeye and Plill,

Badeye, if do decide to have a third one you are more than welcome to use it, Better still I will cone and sing it for you and Gem and change the second line to "Brad for Gem and Gem for Brad.

Phill, it is on my MySpace but don't click the Website under my name as that is the Friends of Chordie link, hence my putting the right one with in my posting.

Roger

roger very tender thoughts well suited for a wedding if someone sings this to his bride she will love him forever or at least till someone better comes along big_smilebig_smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Hi Russ,

Yes that seems to be the trend today and I am no better which is why I used my daughter's wedding photo. They have been together from late teens and she celebrates her 40th next year. I have to say that Steve is a great guy and I could not have picked a better husband for her myself.

Roger

Thanks Roger, I married Gem in 1983 and last year at our 24th we re-married and had the biggest party with all our friends. Everyone had a great time. Next time we marry, your
invited .

Have a good one.. Badeye.

one caper after another

Great song, Roger - my memories of our wedding day are very blurry.  In the days leading up to the wedding, my beloved was very nervous about all the details and I was telling her, "Relax, darling, it's going to be fun stop worrying."

When the day finally arrived, the enormity of what we were doing finally hit me and I was suddenly extremely nervous.  She, on the other hand, was serene and confident and lovely.  I was practically hyperventilating at the altar - my father thought I would feint and keel over.

They tell me it was a lovely event - we have some photos of a lovely bride and a very nervous groom.  Since we are still together after 21 years, I guess it all worked out and we are still "bound by a love that is strong".

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

hi roger a beutiful song for a special occasion well done....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

Roger a man with a good song for all occassions.  smile
A nice number again well recorded.
Lyrics with all the right sentiments for a wedding.
well done
Ark

absolutely adore it roger..... smile
i miss chordie so much.....and especially you guys smile
keep it up roger smile
love

love is like a violin, the music may stop now and then but the strings remain forever...

yo roger awsome song.......when i get married i hope i will be able to get a recording of you singing that so i can use it!! big_smile wicked as!!! when i am older i will go to portugal and visit you!!! yeah! lolz

love you and miss you all!!

your pretend granddaughter rhiannon xoxoxoxoxoxxoxoo

Follow your heart
It usually makes the right decisions <3

Lovely lovely song Roger,

Your Daughter is beautiful in The photo, and Handsome is the Groom.

Polished performance as always from Our Mr Guppy.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Sorry about the delay in replying but I have been away for a few days and then been busy since I came back and only just getting caught up.

Badeye, thanks for the invite but if you wait another 24 years I will be 84 and even if I am still here I do not think the voice will last that long lol

James, somehow I cannot imagine the ever cool and assured Mr McCormick feeling faint and hyperventilating but I am pleased that you have found your soulmate.

Daddycool and Ark, thank you.

Saba, your presence is missed here on Chordie and I hope all is well with you.

Granddaughter Rhiannon I will ensure you have a recording of it (if you have not changed your mind by the time the 'Big Day' arrives) and look forward to your visit (if you have not changed your mind when you get older) lol lol

Helena, thank you. In fact thank you all.

Roger

that's such a great song, very well thought through! smile
i can't believe you said you're not an expert! keep these coming, you're very skilled.

and i'm afraid i'm going to have to force you to play this at my wedding lol it's THAT good lol

don't ever stand aside, don't ever be denied
you gotta be who you be if you're comin' with me
cool
okay??

Thank you Will,

I am pleased you like my humble effort and I will be pleased to perform at your wedding (at least the travelling expences will not be as bad as going to Badeye's or Rhiannon's lol)

Roger

Roger Guppy wrote:

Thank you Will,

I am pleased you like my humble effort and I will be pleased to perform at your wedding (at least the travelling expences will not be as bad as going to Badeye's or Rhiannon's lol)

Roger

if you actually do that i will give you sooooo much money smile

don't ever stand aside, don't ever be denied
you gotta be who you be if you're comin' with me
cool
okay??

ROGER, I NEED TO PUT A SONG ON MYSPACE. I'm not that gifted writing lyrics, but I have too much songs.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]