Topic: In need of money

Any one have an idea on how to get money? I have a croddy amp and need a pedal. Helppppppppp!

Re: In need of money

Getting a job comes readily to mind.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

HMMMMMMMMMMM, you ever thought about getting a job?

Nela

Im only 12

So, when I was 12 I was shining shoes in a barber shop. When I was 14 I was working summers in a hay field. With summer coming on there's always yards to mow. How 'bout carrying out the trash for Mama? How 'bout washing the car for Dad. Or a neighbor.  Little things like cleaning up your room could bring in a buck or 2. If you want to earn some money there are always ways to do so. If you wanna wait for someone to give you something be prepared to wait for quite awhile. Always remember - It ain't worth it if you don't earn it!

Nela

i guess......

Ah.  Then you have a different problem.

You can still go knocking on doors mowing lawns and stuff like that.   

Ask your folks.  "I'd like a new amp.  Mine is crap."

when i was your age i had to walk to school 5 miles in a blinding snowstorm in sub zero temps and after school collect paper and cardboard from dumpsters sell it to the junkman and give my father the money so he could buy beer abd ciggaretts,on christmas my father would shoot his shotgun off in the back yard and tell us "no presents this year Santa commited suicide" aaah those were the days

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Thats hilarious. No just kidding; thats kinda sad

Sorry, slash... I dont' think you're gonna find much sympathy here.

Like most of the folks on here who are my age or older, I worked at your age. I carried 210 papers each morning and cut grass or shoveled snow in the evenings when I was 10. You should seriously think about a paper route, or something like that.

Or ask your parent(s).

Just play

Russell_Harding wrote:

when i was your age i had to walk to school 5 miles in a blinding snowstorm in sub zero temps and after school collect paper and cardboard from dumpsters sell it to the junkman and give my father the money so he could buy beer abd ciggaretts,on christmas my father would shoot his shotgun off in the back yard and tell us "no presents this year Santa commited suicide" aaah those were the days

Sounds like that man has some serious issues....

slash its all BS i was only trying to get a laugh out of you if you can laugh then things are not as gloomy as they seem so dont believe a word of what i wrote .what kind of amp are you looking for? price range ect...

slash1998 wrote:

Oh the horror!!!!!!!!! Ask your parents. Mow some lawns...sell your PS2

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Russell_Harding wrote:

slash its all BS i was only trying to get a laugh out of you if you can laugh then things are not as gloomy as they seem so dont believe a word of what i wrote .what kind of amp are you looking for? price range ect...

slash1998 wrote:

Something that isn't toys r us brand.... Between 100 and 200

slash1998 wrote:
Russell_Harding wrote:

slash1998 wrote:

Something that isn't toys r us brand.... Between 100 and 200

Lots of nice 10 - 15 watt amps in that price range.

i bought a epiphone for under 100.00 it has overdrive and a clean channel with a ten inch speaker and it will play as loud as you can stand it plus get complaints from the neighbors so all you gota do is settle for a amp that gets the job done and when your ready to upgrade and your playing warrents it other possibilitys will present themselves so practice on your crappy amp i'll lay odds I could make your amp sound great so its not the amp its you

Lots of good suggestions for you here and very little if any sympathy. I agree with them. My five mile walk to school was uphill both ways!

I know it's hard for a 12 year old to raise money but it can be done...doing odd jobs for family and friends like yard work and such. I've hired a friend's nephew several times to help out with yard work. Maybe you could do something like start a little EBAY business.

Russell made a very strong point about doing your best with what you have and not simply relying on more and more stuff. It's amazing what a real player can do with the most basic guitar and amp...

Just keep trying and don't give up...

Middleaged Redneck sorta guy who refuses to grow up...passion for music, especially Southern Rock but like bout everything cept Gangsta/Hip Hop. Collect guitars, mandolins, and love to ride Harleys.

Russell_Harding wrote:

Russ you crack me up.......................... lol
It reminded me of the Monty Python four Yorkshire man sketch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe1a1wHxTyo
Ark

this is what my guitar mentor (or actualy just guitar playin frend that helps me) told me when i asked this question. you have 3 choices. choice 1 ask for donations. choice 2 sell stuff. or choice three (the one that works) work your butt off.
does that help.

Bobaflex kicks some!!!!!

Play some gigs. Or play blackjack.Also you could ask people on the street for money.Worked for me.:)

tongue:P:P:P:P

Sell your guitar....wait...then you wouldn't need....
never mind.

Well as far as the earning the money part, thats all up to you. Theres a small chance that someones idea will really make you get up and go do that. But a good place to look for an amp would just be a local guitar shop, like if your not to picky, you can just buy a used one. I bought a fender stage 100 watt amp for 75$. Good luck!

Its your life, live it

Slash, where are you? If you're anywhere near me I'm sure I can get you to clean parts for me or something.

"You have to get over the love of power, and enjoy the power of love, in order to know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix.

Cut sum grass

Slash 1998,

Yes i to had a wee job at your age. Its a little more dangerous now for Kids your age.

BUT. If you want this a badly as you say Then! Do try to help locally. Starting at home. Then Neighbours. Tell them what your wish is.

Then you tell everone else you meet. You never know who you speak to. Put a add in your  free local paper.

Ask in your local music store and local charity store, can you put a flyer in there window

or on there notice board asking for a donation.   Someone may have one lying around.

Failing this ,send me a email

and ill start the ball rolling for you. Ill send you enough to deposit. Then this will encourage you to get the rest.

When your famous everyone wants to know you. But ya gotta start somewhere. So im prepared to help you.

Good Luck.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !