Topic: REFLECTIONS: the big mistake ABOUT SONGWRITING, like THE DEAD CHEATER

Well, I learned a lot, very amazing, that's why I asked you chordians about what comes first, melody or lyrics.
THIS WAS A GREAT AND CONSTRUCTIVE LESSON TO POINT THE MOMENTS I DESTRUCT MY OWN SONG.
AT LEAST IN MY CASE, I "OVER-RATED" myself, thinking, I don't play bad at all, I am able to improvise very well and convinced I was real good in making INSTANT-SONGS here at home. Give me a guitar, and I play, even real difficult chords, and using some bull*** lyrics. What was in my head, I sung it HERE IN MY PLACE with or without a guitar partner.
Oh BOY, what an error. Me convinced that writing songs was so easy and having more than 100 songs, hidden in my SUBCONCIENCE.
- MISTAKE NUMBER 1 = I had a tune in my head and started to write some phrases, and I was so convinced about the fact = this is so easy. Everything came automatically, some chords, using [ ] and in-between some lyrics.
- MISTAKE NUMBER 2 = I was singing, in a happy mood, and writing down everything line after line
- MISTAKE NUMBER 3 = It felt great, and 1 line with chords sounded oh so nice.
- MISTAKE NUMBER 4 = I continued writing this way, still "euphoric", because every line in every strophe sounded not bad at all.
- MISTAKE NUMBER 5 = I was proud, a simple bluesy song using silly lyrics, they were meant as a kind of autobiographic song, so what could go wrong
- MISTAKE NUMBER 6 = because every line sounded nice, I posted it here on chordie, and I was proud and convinced that it was a sweet, silly song.
UNTIL I STARTED, still oh so proud and happy, PLAYING THIS SONG ON ONE OF MY ACOUSTIC GUITARS. I used an old Gibson Dove (it sounded better on a hummingbird, but who cares) AND SINGING. I had to stop, what went so good 2 days ago sounded HORRIBLE. The first line sounded nice but WHILE PROGRESSING and CONTINUING PLAYING AND SINGING was COMPLETELY WRONG, it didn't sound at all like it did.
CONCLUSIONS ABOUT WHAT WENT WRONG=
- I never played the entire song before posting it, chords were placed wrong, I discovered that I forgot chords, RESULTING IN AN IMPOSSIBLE SONG TO PLAY AND SING IT CORRECT.
LESSON = I learned a lot thanks to the mistakes like wrong chords, forgotten chords, chords I placed wrong. I am glad I figured it out, and now I realise my mistakes. This don't mean that I will not post songs again but before posting them, I will record them and I mean the entire song in stead of writing line after line.
I hope that this was a good lesson for me, and that other "newbies" can learn something about this.
THAT'S ALSO ONE OF THE MAJOR REASONS I ASKED HOW TO BE A REAL SONG-SMITH.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: REFLECTIONS: the big mistake ABOUT SONGWRITING, like THE DEAD CHEATER

sounds like a good plan doc

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: REFLECTIONS: the big mistake ABOUT SONGWRITING, like THE DEAD CHEATER

hi doc i sometimes write the lyrics humming or singing to myself,put suitable chords in ,i mostly post before i've played it,not many mistakes but i only use basic chords so its easier to chord my songs....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool