Topic: Chord Question

Hi everyone.

I printed a tab recently for Norwegian Wood by the Beatles, and there is a chord there that I don't know.. can't find anywhere.. can someone enlighten me?

It is shown as  D(C#bass

Or maybe it's just C#bass

Anyway, I appreciate any help on this!

anastasia

Re: Chord Question

it means play a D chord but make the bass note C#

it shown in chordies very own chord chart

http://www.chordie.com/chords.php

anastasiak112 wrote:

Hi everyone.

I printed a tab recently for Norwegian Wood by the Beatles, and there is a chord there that I don't know.. can't find anywhere.. can someone enlighten me?

It is shown as  D(C#bass

anastasia

Play it like this;
XX4232

Give everything but up.

Thats because with this song you are not really  just chording - you need to play the melody on the D and G strings while maintaining a partial D chord  on the B and E- its best to look at someone like Fretkillr on youtube playing it to understand what's happening. This is an excellent song to get your fingers moving independently,

I am playing all the right notes - but not necessarily in the right order! [Eric Morecombe]

The verses in that song are based off the D chord. during the verses you never have to move

your ring finger. it's similar to a walk down or you could look at it like a passing chord.

Chuck: aka - getfiddle

A musician is someone with too much time on their hands! Thank god I'm a musician!!!

I normally capo the 3rd fret and play D and Dsus2.  Works well for me.

anastasiak112 wrote:

Hi everyone.

It is shown as  D(C#bass

anastasia