Topic: Looking for a better guitar under $300

I have a Squire Strat right now. Im looking for somthing under $300. Hummbuckers would be nice. Is this a good deal compared towhat I allready have?  http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-GRX2 … 1150594.gc 

If not any other ideas wouldbe nice thanks

P.S.sorry for posting one after another I ave a lot of things to talk about lol

Re: Looking for a better guitar under $300

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone-LP … 1150098.gc or this?

I am an Epiphone fanboy through and through-play both, though, if you can.

"You have to get over the love of power, and enjoy the power of love, in order to know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix.

I think you should consider buying a used MIM strat or tele.  I find that they are way better than the cheap epiphones and squires.  They run around $400 to $500 new (depending on the model you get) but are often sold used for around $250 to $300, and are often available with Humbuckers in the bridge.
There are some pretty good deals out there . . . check Craigslist.

Never even thought of the MIM Fenders. Maybe you can find an HH Tele.

"You have to get over the love of power, and enjoy the power of love, in order to know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix.

I have a  "Made in Korea" Tele with beautiful flamed maple top, set neck, and dual humbuckers that are coil tapped so you can play them single coil or humbucking.  It can sound like a Les Paul or a Telecaster . . .  a very very nice guitar that runs around $650-$700 new.  I have seen a couple of them for sale used . . . but the asking price used is usually around $400 to $500.   Once in a while you see a Thinline Tele with dual humbuckers . . . but they are generally a little higher priced also.

If you like the Strat sound and style then I would agree with upgrading to a MIM Fender Strat...lots to choose from. If you want a different sound and are happy with your Squire then maybe an Epiphone Les Paul Standard or Studio...

Middleaged Redneck sorta guy who refuses to grow up...passion for music, especially Southern Rock but like bout everything cept Gangsta/Hip Hop. Collect guitars, mandolins, and love to ride Harleys.

Jay Turser Guitars are a wonderful value for under 300 bucks, and you can get LP, LP JR. and other copies that play great.
Good Luck.

You can't always get what you want, but you get what you need.......

try a melody maker by gibson those are pretty cheap. Or any Epiphone.

tongue:P:P:P:P