Topic: Re-wiring an LP?

Is it possible to re-wire a Les Paul copy? I've got a nice one made with good wood, bridge and tuners but the pickups are a bit...bland.

The thing is I'm not sure how you connect the wires. I've got a diagram for it but is it possible to get to the wires?

Re: Re-wiring an LP?

Sure! You can re-wire just about any guitar...I would think that a LP copy would be very similar to a Gibson LP...lots of diagrams available from the pickup companies....  www-seymourduncan.com     www.dimarzio.com   would be good places to find info...

Middleaged Redneck sorta guy who refuses to grow up...passion for music, especially Southern Rock but like bout everything cept Gangsta/Hip Hop. Collect guitars, mandolins, and love to ride Harleys.

Re: Re-wiring an LP?

jaygordon75 wrote:

Sure! You can re-wire just about any guitar...I would think that a LP copy would be very similar to a Gibson LP...lots of diagrams available from the pickup companies....  www-seymourduncan.com     www.dimarzio.com   would be good places to find info...

The only difference would be the selector switches used, some use the 6 pin and others use the 3 pin, like the onme in a les paul. I prefer to use seymour duncan wiring diagrams there color coded and easy to read.www.sermourduncan.com  PM me if I ca help.

Bootlegger.