Topic: CAPODASTRES or CAPOS: THE BEST?

I don't think we have a topic, discussing capos.
There are of course different types.
What capo is considered as the best, because a lot and mostly cheap capos, placed on the second or the third fret, cause quit soon a "stay-in-tune" problem.
I found some on the online music stores.
- G7th 405 Performance Guitar Capo = 39.99$ and comments are VERY POSITIVE
- Dunlop Trigger Classical Guitar Capo = 14.99$
There are even 2 special capos:
- Kyser Short Cut 3-String Acoustic Guitar Capo, covers 3 strings only = 14.99$
- Kyser Drop D Capo = 19.95$

Who can help me and probably a lot of others about capos, which is the best, what capo do you use? I still use an old capo, and it is a real good one compared to some old "classic" capos I've got

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: CAPODASTRES or CAPOS: THE BEST?

The only capo you'll ever need is a Shubb.

http://www.musicstreet.co.uk/shubb-capo … db5df7f0c5

I got one of those for £3 because the shop I ordered it from had run out of cheap ones.

I like the spring loaded Kyser capo, around £12.00 or so

Hi Guys ,
   I've used the Dunlop
" trigger " capo for years .
   Can't imagine using anything different . For me it's quicker and easier to put on than the Kysers .........

" Just reading the lyrics , it's hard to hear the song , but if the words tug at the heartstrings......it's enough for now........... "

clansman i have a kyser it does the job and i dont have a stay in tune problem most people who use a capo dont posistion it correctly on the fretboard and that usually causes the guitar to have a tuneing problem

clansman1973 wrote:

I like the spring loaded Kyser capo, around £12.00 or so

"Growing old is not for sissies"

I use a spring style dunlop,  It's quick and easy to use,  I've never had tuning issues, and I can just clamp it to the head stock when it's not in use.

mixter102 wrote:

I use a spring style dunlop,  It's quick and easy to use,  I've never had tuning issues, and I can just clamp it to the head stock when it's not in use.

same here. had it for 20 years. It must be pretty good; I've never considered another

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

who needs a capo!!!!....serouisly im not joking...
its allobut learning the songs with capos/or in differnt tunings
then transcribing them... it saves your strings from not having to change them around and your tuning from the capo...
PLUS...they are a bit ugly
cept maybe a wrapround jim dunlop...but they arent the best tho...http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/jd-11cd/10523

if you can learn bass in 15 minutes
then why do i play the guitar???
tongue