Topic: Copying songs to Word - chopro

I have gotten a lot of requests for the old chopro-format - [C][D]. People seemed to like it when they copy the songs to Word. (With the old formatting the text was copied to the clipboard in chopro-format)

Strangely, the main reason for changing the layout was just to avoid this. I also got a lot of complaints from people wanting formatted songs in Word....

I guess, people are different.

I have now added a new button. Here you can view the song in chopro-format and - if you like it - copy it to Word.

Re: Copying songs to Word - chopro

The new way is definitely much better for when you want to just copy the song. But the advantage of having the choice of the formatted one is that if you want to correct a song, you can otherwise only do it in the home key, which is a real pain if you are working on it in another key. So this way you can copy the formatted version in the key you want, fix it up outside of chordie, then put it back. Wish I had had this option a few weeks ago - I spent hours fixing up a song the other way, ggrrrr....

3 (edited by mountaingirl 2007-11-06 17:16:28)

P.S. Re: chopro, this is an awesome tool. Does any know if it is available to purchase so I can type up my own music and transpose?

Good question, mountaingirl.
What software do you guys use to create you songs' chord charts?

Just a plain text editor, or is there even a cool freeware?

Cheers,
nc

THe chopro button still doesn't sem to work..  when i transpose a song and push the chopro button, it reverts back to the original chords.

The chopro-file will be the untransposed version of the song. No easy way to fix this.

Hi, does anyone know how I can input my own songs into chord pro format,  I mean how does it get from a word doc, or whatever to chopro format? any help would be great

hi fitty,

If you go to songwriters section on this forum you will see how to do this.

the first thread ( the STICKY thread) james has gave instructions on how to do this.
However, it can only be used in chordie's songwriters section to share your own songs.

But if you mean to do it on your own computer for your own personal use then I have no idea. I would think you will need the chopro program.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending