Topic: It can be wierd when people look to you

It can be a wierd thing when others look to you to teach them how to play the guitar and you don't know much more than they do.

Today while I was showing someone the basic chords I had other people stop and not only did they watch, but they were folloing along. I even had one person that already knew how to play stop and watch.

I showed a few chords, talked about Tabs, a capo, and so on. I finished it by letting them all know that if they keep on practicing that they would surpass me in a few weeks.  I don't get to play and I get very little practice.

Teaching is easy as long as the person that is listening wants to learn, but I wouldn't be able to teach someone that didn't want to learn.

I'm glad that I get to look and post on chordie. There have been several times that I've had to get quetions answered, and it would have been impossible to have gotten them on my own.

Thanks to all my fellow Chordians out there for everything.
Out of all the different sights out there this, to me, is the best.

If you're not happy with what you have...
Then you'll never be happy with what you get...

Re: It can be wierd when people look to you

eagleeye5851 wrote:

here here

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

upyerkilt wrote:
eagleeye5851 wrote:

here here

and here...Badeye.

one caper after another

badeye wrote:
upyerkilt wrote:
eagleeye5851 wrote:

here here

and here...Badeye.

...true 'dat..........

Give everything but up.

Questions answered and I never get put down cause I asked a question. You'll never guess how many sites there are, and if you ask a question the respons is or can be derogetory and downgrading. I've never been talked down to by anyone on this site. Noone ever claims to be better than the next person. I just wish our school system was as productive as this site.

If you're not happy with what you have...
Then you'll never be happy with what you get...

eagleeye5851 wrote:

Teaching is easy as long as the person that is listening wants to learn, but I wouldn't be able to teach someone that didn't want to learn.

Truer words have rarely been written.

I also love this site.  I just wish I could remember which name to type at the end.  I'm Big D or Halffastpaddler on other sites and get all backwards sometimes.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude