Topic: Do you hear what I hear?

No matter where I am I hear music. Just normal sounds that people ignore. I love music. I HATE it when teachers take away my ZEN (my mp3 player). They totaly harshed my mello. But they don't know that I still hear music. They think they can take the music away but they never can. Because music is all around us. A clicking pen, moving chairs, and other noises can be made into music. So I ask you ladys and gentle men do you hear it?

P.S. I'm not full of crap. Thank you verry much.

Lets go melt some faces!!!!

Re: Do you hear what I hear?

no

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Nice.

Sounds to me like someone has recently viewed "August Rush"...................call me closed minded but I'll take a guitar over an ink pen any day, but hey whatever floats 'yer boat..............

Give everything but up.

you asked smile

rockerchick wrote:

Nice.

6 (edited by alvee33 2008-04-18 19:19:36)

At the moment I can hear my daughter in the bathroom, squirting deodorant in her arm pits.  Can't for the life of me figure out the chords to that one.

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

7 (edited by arkady 2008-04-18 18:00:30)

Hey rockerchick
Having my Zen removed would certainly harsh my mello to.
When you are 13 the strangest of things sound like music to yer.
I thought making fart sounds under my armpits was pretty musical then.
Most adults just don't understand.
Rock on
Ark

hey alvee i just got a site in scotland it called ooizit.com all my songs and vids are on my username is russell harding its a long way from wisconsin usa but they dont seem to mind they thik im a scot smile

alvee33 wrote:

At the moment I can hear my daughter in the bathroom, squirting deodorant in her arm pits.  Can't for the life of me figure out the chords to that one.

Very cool, Russell. One day I'll pluck up the courage to unleash my lack of talent on the world.

You know us Scots - the more, the merrier! The more, the better the party. lol

i think i know what you mean, rockerchick...

i can sometimes hear music when there's lots of cars around me, it's strange but i can hear a melody coming through from nearly anything if i listen for a while. it's the same principal with the guitarist Buckethead, sometimes he plays really fast, insane shredding, and some might say it isn't music, just noise, but i can sometimes hear a song coming through. i am also pretty good at playing songs using hand-fart, i'll put some videos on youtube soon lol

good thread smile

don't ever stand aside, don't ever be denied
you gotta be who you be if you're comin' with me
cool
okay??

alvee33, what "Key" was "Squirting deodorant in her armpits".  This would help in arranging the chords. Dbm would be a guess for a starting point.

Nela

NELA wrote:

alvee33, what "Key" was "Squirting deodorant in her armpits".  This would help in arranging the chords. Dbm would be a guess for a starting point.

Fmaj7 sounds better to me
it's picked all the way through, i know that much

cool
okay??

Well I can see you people have a great imagenation. (alvee33)
Actually SouthPaw41L I have never seen August Rush.
And paranormal guitar thanks its nice to know I'm not alown.

rockerchick wrote:

And paranormal guitar thanks its nice to know I'm not alown.

no probs. you can call me liam, btw
you should watch August Rush, it's a great film

cool
okay??

NELA wrote:

Nela

I think it's in Bb with lots of scratching hmm

Rockerchick, I think I get what your driving at. Any noise has the potential to be musical...it might not sound very melodic but it's musical all the same.
Kraftwerk probably thought much the same as yourself when they came up with their concept of music, think Autobahn and you'll know what I mean. Early skiffle groups probably had the same idea when they used washing boards and tea chests with a pole and a piece of string (someone must have thought there was a musical quality when they first decided to do it after all). Madness must have been on to something with the car reving up at the beggining of Driving In My Car. Seasick Steve uses a nail and a piece of wire in some songs!

Craig.

Blind acceptance is a sign, of stupid fools who stand in line.  John Lydon.

'Mod' is a shorter word for 'young, beautiful and stupid' - we've all been there." - Pete Townshend.

They aren't trying to take away your music.  They're trying to get you to concentrate on your studies by removing distraction.  It's a big difference I hope you learn to appreciate.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

yeah well..what if we dont want to consintrate on studys???jk!

i totally get what ur sayin rockerchick buddie!! though i agree with SouthPaw41L i prefer guitars!!

you can love me
you can hate me
but NEVER forget me

Music isn't heard, it's felt.

If you can find music in everyday noises and sounds then check out a show called (STOMP) or (STOMP OUT LOUD).

To a blind person, beauty is a sound. To a deaf person, sound is vibrations on their skin.

If you're not happy with what you have...
Then you'll never be happy with what you get...

Yes i hear music in most things. In particular peoples voices.

But oceans and rivers  also do it for me. There amazin to my ears.  I have a profoundly deaf person in my family.

He watches my mouth when singing, feels my throat, or guitar. Picks up sounds in so many ways.

The Dawn Chorus. The best music ever especially now with the temperatures rising.

Old  Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

rocking razhy wrote:

yeah well..what if we dont want to consintrate on studys???jk!

I'm not saying Rockerchick is wrong about the music in everyday things.  The difference between someone taking away your music and allowing you to concentrate on your studies is the difference between vengeance and caring.  It's an important distinction. 

I whole heartedly agree with Old Doll.  There is music in the dawn.  I love dawn at the beach, hearing the gulls and pelicans and crashing surf and scurrying of the crabs back into their holes.  Some mornings, I'd swear that I could hear the sun hitting the water. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

My wife says that when I sleep, my bodily noises sound like an orchestra!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

I agree with Zurf. We all love music and can find it anywhere but there's more to life. Most of us will never make a living wiht music and if you can consider yourself very fortunate. Don't sacrifice everything. There is more to life than music, let music be a big part but not the only part. There's beauty all around. Be open to all of it. Look at all the examples of people who followed only the music and music was all that mattered...Jimi, Janis, Elvis, Jim Morrison, Michael Jackson...happy and well adjusted??????? Be a complete person first then a complete musician.

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello