Re: Anyone around my age?

Great to have a younger generation on here along with all us "grandpa" types. BUT, I guess it's being a dad and a grandpa that concerns me when I see all you young people freely posting your e-mail addresses in public places. I'm not preaching BUT, please be careful! "Nuff said.

Nela

From someone who is 15 and a few months (well 552 of them actually) I have to agree with NELA's comments.

So for you youngsters there is no need to post your e-mail address on the forum. Anyone wishing to contact you can do so through Chordie by clicking on the E-mail tag under your username without you having to make it public. This way your privacy is kept intact and you know who is contacting you without having to reveal your address.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Roger Guppy wrote:

From someone who is 15 and a few months (well 552 of them actually) I have to agree with NELA's comments.

So for you youngsters there is no need to post your e-mail address on the forum. Anyone wishing to contact you can do so through Chordie by clicking on the E-mail tag under your username without you having to make it public. This way your privacy is kept intact and you know who is contacting you without having to reveal your address.

Roger

Roger thank you for the pathway to comunication above.  I recieved an email regarding this issue on email addresses and age and was trying to find a way to approach it you opened the door for me.  Unfortunately in this world there are unscruplious people who will lie and decieve the younger generation henceforth the need for anominity.  Roger's explaination how to connect with your generation is the way to proceed.  Thank you Alan Sheeran for expressing you concerns and taking an intrest in protecting the youth on the chordie website.  Rest assured that all the administrators on this website share my sentiments, we work to keep a clean family friendly website.

Bootlegger.

Hi all ,
   I was 14 ........about 41 years ago .........does that count .......and my wife says I act like I'm 16 sometimes .
   Welcome all you young ones to Chordie ...........We all have something to learn and something to teach , so we all need each other .
   I do agree with what the other old farts are saying about the e-mail thing , but like Nela said.......nuff said .
No point beating a dead horse ...............

" Just reading the lyrics , it's hard to hear the song , but if the words tug at the heartstrings......it's enough for now........... "

I'm 17 and have been playing for a little over two years now.  I originally played piano, so I come on here to improve my "guitar songwriting skills."

My guitars: Gibson Les Paul Vintage Mahogony and Ibanez AE40 TEL acoustic.
My equipment: Peavey 100w combo (198?) and an ancient (1970's?) Crate 100w combo. A PODxt.

hey im 17 i wish i started playing guitar at 14 man i would be alot better. so if anyone wants to give me any tips just send them my way.

almost 14! about a
year now

Yeh, im 14 aswell, nice to know how many people around my age use this site =] i use a fender showmaster.

im 12 and av been playin for about 2 months smile

PS: any tips or anythin would be appreciated

im 13. seems like an Epiphone SG is about what everyone starts out on. i got 1 too.

My SG is about as far from what I started out on as it gets...it's a serious instrument, I don't care what it says on the headstock. Solid mahogany, beautifully finished, high-end hardware, rosewood fretboard, and real EMG 81/85 pickups. Much much nicer than my old Yamaha tongue . Stellar fit and finish seems to be a common theme between my two higher-end Epi's.

"You have to get over the love of power, and enjoy the power of love, in order to know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix.

im 17, my emails hannahhumble90@yahoo.com I've been playin about four years now so I started when I was younger than you, and I think its great that you're gonna learn.
Holler if you need sumthin alright?,
LR

All You Need is Love smile

Whats up man, Im 16. Ive got a Gibson Epiphone Special SG. I have been playing for about five months now and yeah heres my email if you guys ( girls preferably) want to talk off of here
rgivens_10@yahoo.com

Is 16 too old to get in touch?  How close to your age do you want?

Keep shreding

Jesus Christ i'm only 21 and feeling a little old now lol - saying that, alot of you guys seem to like the same sort of bands - Avenged Sevenfold, ACDC. Guns N Roses, Atreyu etc

ON the subject of guitars everyone's started out on, I've been playing 1 year and i'll list what i've gone through(You'd be surprised!)

Westfield Les Paul (Gold)
Epiphone Les Paul Std (Can't remember the name of the colour scheme)
Epiphone SG (White)
Gibson Les Pail Studio (Cherryburst)
Bell & Head Extreme 'Cassandra' (Red and Black) - this guitar is real 80's! No headstock, 2 single coils and a humbucker and floyd rose trem - plays like crap but looks great
Epiphone Explorer 1958 Korina - just put a deposit down on this.

Kit wise not so exotic - had a Line6 Spider II which I fell out with due to numerous technical faults, now own an Orange Crush 30R which does the trick for now with a Cry Baby Wah Pedal (not bothering with overdrives and effects just yet)

SixStringSlayer wrote:

Is 16 too old to get in touch?  How close to your age do you want?

Close enough, shoot me an email.

"You have to get over the love of power, and enjoy the power of love, in order to know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix.

Will do, my man.  Ethan, right?

Keep shreding

Yep, that's me.

-Jimi Hendrix.

Im like turning 14 in october

All you young people do,nt be afraid to post your thoughts on this great site. I started learing gutair at 11, I,m now the wrong side of 60 still learning. I would,nt change a thing. Go on live your dream play your hearts out enjoy what you are doing.you maybe discovered maybe not but you will find an experence and a joy [also a few pounds/greenbacks] that will help you on your way. By the way i,m still playing to top up the pension. good luck keep in tune.    brendy

You can email me if you like, my email is in my profile. I'm 15 and playing for a year. I started on an Ibanez btw.

...I felt l like I was eating a snowcone in a sauna or something...

sup all you guys smile i'm 17 and been playing for almost two years. i am a hardcore metal fan, if you ever wanna kno how to play that stuff i'd gladdly try teach you.

im 14 and ive been playing an electric for about 4 and a half months

74 (edited by Victoria Void XD 2008-06-11 17:41:41)

im 13
im 14 in november but
and im a girl:D
ive been playing for about a year now
and my first guitar was a acoustic
and then i got my epihone
and i was happy
im into poppunk and such

I like cheese:P
               And Paramore:cool:
               And my guitar:D