Re: What kind of guitar do you have?

Badeye ,

Just saw your reply about the fiddle , sounds like an instrument to be passed down . I have two neices who
play and I would guess that's
what will happen with a couple of mine . Nothing like knowing that  family members will have them to love , respect , and most important , play.......
   I love hearing stories about instruments that are passed down .........

" Just reading the lyrics , it's hard to hear the song , but if the words tug at the heartstrings......it's enough for now........... "

Well im an newbie but im laerning pretty fast but i only got an J&D stratocaster copy.
Shall buy an J&D SG-copy when i got the cash.
smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile

103 (edited by oceanofdreams 2008-02-25 03:33:46)

Hi all, I'm a newbie here too.  Finally, after all these years, I bought myself a guitar and am trying to teach my neuropic fingers to play.  I have a Yamaha F335 Sunburst, it does play so pretty.  I also have a Mitchell a friend has brought to me, it is much harder for me to play, but I love them both.

I have a Seagull s6 sixstring and a seagull sm12 twelvestring. both very good sound, made in Canada. Bob Fraize

After having played about $70,000 worth of guitars this weekend, I have dedicated my life to owning a Santa Cruz dreadnought of some variety.  It was like butter in my hands.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

how do you tune your guitar to open G? I DONT SEEM TO BE ABLE TO. can you help me?  joe

Yes...hopefully you have a tuner... Start with standard tuning of EADGBE (654321) and tune 6 to D, 5 to B, and 1 to D... DGDGBD   that makes a great fingerstyle and slide tuning...

Caution though...once you do this then it will interfere with other aspects of your life...you'll be too busy discovering tons of new sounds and songs...  Have fun!

Middleaged Redneck sorta guy who refuses to grow up...passion for music, especially Southern Rock but like bout everything cept Gangsta/Hip Hop. Collect guitars, mandolins, and love to ride Harleys.

I don' see music on this site, only the guitars played by the chordians.
It's so pity we can't show the to each other. Should it be possible to make an extra website, where you can show your instruments.
- DOES THIS EXISTS?
- IF YES, WHAT SITE
- IF NO, We have to figure out how you can place  them on a "specific " chordie topic OR a pivate group on youtube, myspace....

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

a 2007 gibson sg standard in natural burst.

I have a few guitars

Hofner Galaxie - red 1960
Hondo II jumbo acoustic - sunburst 1980s?
Fender Big Apple Stratocaster Seymour Duncan pick-ups - black 1997
Gibson Les Paul Standard- wine 1993
Tanglewood Tennessee- red electro acoustic 2005
Fender USA Telecaster - two tone sunburst 2006

The Strat is the best.

acmecorp wrote:

Gretsch 6120 Nashville (Brian Setzer Signiture Model) This is my favorite, sounds brilliant plugged in or not.
Fender Telecaster (made in the good old USA), I keep this one in open G tuning for that Keith Richards Sound.
Epiphone Viola bass, re-create the sound of the sixties.
Jasmine Electro-Acoustic (very loud when plugged in)

hello this is joe, how do you like the fender telecaster? i see you like the stones, i grew up listeing to the stones, one of the best bands in the 60"s. i play there songs , but i wish i knew how to tune my guitar like keith richards. tell me easy way to tune to open G ? if you dont mine. joe

jaygordon75 wrote:

Yes...hopefully you have a tuner... Start with standard tuning of EADGBE (654321) and tune 6 to D, 5 to B, and 1 to D... DGDGBD   that makes a great fingerstyle and slide tuning...

Caution though...once you do this then it will interfere with other aspects of your life...you'll be too busy discovering tons of new sounds and songs...  Have fun!

thank you. joe

tricountygas wrote:
acmecorp wrote:

Gretsch 6120 Nashville (Brian Setzer Signiture Model) This is my favorite, sounds brilliant plugged in or not.
Fender Telecaster (made in the good old USA), I keep this one in open G tuning for that Keith Richards Sound.
Epiphone Viola bass, re-create the sound of the sixties.
Jasmine Electro-Acoustic (very loud when plugged in)

hello this is joe, how do you like the fender telecaster? i see you like the stones, i grew up listeing to the stones, one of the best bands in the 60"s. i play there songs , but i wish i knew how to tune my guitar like keith richards. tell me easy way to tune to open G ? if you dont mine. joe

Hi

If you go to Google Video and enter BROWN SUGAR and look for STRATOCASTER 1971 there is a video of a guy doing a short lesson on how to play brown sugar Keith Richards style. It is open tuning and he shows the finger placements.  You'll be playing it today.

Alex

i bought guitar from my neighbour for  $5 , i dont know what kind of guitar is that,
but it has a great sound, my grandma died when i tried to play it .....

I have just bought an Ibanez S470,I already have a cheap old Encore Strat copy,and a Fender semi acoustic.

Worlds worst guitar player..................................But I enjoy it!

Hi everyone

Looking for some advice on buying another classical guitar, I already have a yamaha G231, it plays well and has a full sound which you would expect from a true claasical, however the wide neck has put me off playing classical songs, I have small hands so barre chords are a problem.
I have been learning simple stuff like malaguena, adelita but would like to progress over the coming years to a good standard.
Most of the hybrid classicals which there are many, unplugged are mellow due to the thinner bodies etc, but they all have the desirable 17/8 necks as I have an ovation legend guitar I have become used to playing the slimmer neck,I would love to buy a Taylor eventually but a bit out of my price range at the moment.
I dont gig or anything but appreciate what a good quality guitar feels and sounds like but my budget will only stretch to £500, can anybody recommend a decent guitar for the price? I dont mind going a bit higher if it feels right. I am not going to rush into this as the London Guitar Show comes up in June so I guess I can try as many as possible.
Yamaha APX 5NA, or 9NA
Takamine EC132SC
Godin ACS Slim
These are possibilities but would truly appreciate any advice.

Semi-acoustic

Acoustic Epiphone  AJ 200
Electric Fender Telecaster

Love them both. Just started playing at Christmas but have been playing everyday. Have a friend that has been playing for 40 years who has been helping me out.

Greetings all, I'm new here.  I've been teaching myself to play for about a year and a half.  I play a Eko 12 Ranger acoustic/electric.( Wonderful for Girl From the North Country and Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald) It was my father's guitar.  It has a beautiful ring to it when I get it right (not as often as I'd like) I also play a 6 string that was bought by a friend of the family with "Marlboro Miles"  looks like a basic guitar but no markings as to whom the manufacturer is.  It has a very solid sound and I prefer it for certain songs (Ghost Riders & The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down)  I also have a Harmony 6 string that is very loud and twangy ( I passed that one on to my son).

I've had a had time finding out anything about the Eko.  The Site Fetish Guitars tells alot about the history of the company but not really anything about the particular model that I have. Has anyone ever heard of them.  I've never seen another that loooks like this one.

Thanks for your time big_smile

I play a Walden Natura, Cort m900 and Epiphone SG special

''There's Only One Gorilla''

I have an Ibanez PF something, Yamaha C40, cheap piece of wood, and a lovely Almansa 457 Classical. I played it once and I wouldn't settle for anything else...

A 1996 Guild J30 all maple jumbo.   Shopping for an electric.  Fun post.

jimmyriddle74 wrote:

i have a TOKAI LS200 electric which has a fantastic sound and am currently looking for a better amp as mines a piece of crap and also a CRAFTER TR060/VLS-V which is great low action and great sound.
http://www.tokairegistry.com/images/cat … i20010.jpg
Roy

Hey Jimmy,
        I'm looking at possibly picking up a used Crafter TR060/vls-v. I've been wanting a slot head! Would you mind offering up your opinions of the guitar. I'm talking to a guy that wants $400 for the guitar and case...Do you think it's worth it? I realize that tone is subjective but would still like your opinions. Hows the build quality? Thanks! -Pix

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Bought today a Blueridge BC-60 and am very happy !

I've currently got a Korean Squier Strat...Black & White with Rosewood fingerboard.  I used to have an original early 60's Burns Marvin...which was stolen from my car (my own fault for leaving it there, I suppose).  That upset me so much I didn't touch another guitar for years.

I don't have a carbon footprint...I drive everywhere!

I play
Gibson J185,
Tokai Strat (78),
Fender tele 1976.
Yamaha apx4 ,
Yahmaha BB1100 Bass.

I use Boss fx, and have also used but now sold on Roland gp8 gp16.
Amps Line 6,Marshal Valve state, and for Bass I use Ampeg B100.