Topic: Who are the most important people FOR a band?
The performers of course, but this isn't about the performers.
I am aware of the fact that it's like a puzzle and all the pieces form that puzzle.
There are probably a lot of people involved here, like:
- The Sound engineer
- The CEO of a record company
- The public relations person (my sister did this job for a few years, from 1981 to 1986), and I remember me going with her and the band to a bar or discotheque, this job is really hard), these PR people cross around the country to give the record to a lot of radiostations.
This thread is maybe better if we divide it into 2 parts.
- STUDIO and recording
- LIVE PERFORMANCES.
1) Is a MANAGER NEEDED? or can a band function without a manager?
2) On tour, there most of the bands have a TOUR MANAGER.
What is the difference between the manager and the road manager?
For a gig, you need roadies, people tuning guitars (and on a gig, while I was on stage, if I didn't count at least 20 guitars, like 5 identical Fender Telecasters, a few Gibsons, SG's Standards, Customs, and 1 guy with headphones busy to tune all these guitars, and re-checking..
What is the function of the roadmanager?
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]