Topic: Who are the most important people FOR a band?

The performers of course, but this isn't about the performers.
I am aware of the fact that it's like a puzzle and all the pieces form that puzzle.
There are probably a lot of people involved here, like:
- The Sound engineer
- The CEO of a record company
- The public relations person (my sister did this job for a few years, from 1981 to 1986), and I remember me going with her and the band to a bar or discotheque, this job is really hard), these PR people cross around the country to give the record to a lot of radiostations.
This thread is maybe better if we divide it into 2 parts.

- STUDIO and recording
- LIVE PERFORMANCES.

1) Is a MANAGER NEEDED? or can a band function without a manager?
2) On tour, there most of the bands have a TOUR MANAGER.
What is the difference between the manager and the road manager?
For a gig, you need roadies, people tuning guitars (and on a gig, while I was on stage, if I didn't count at least 20 guitars, like 5 identical Fender Telecasters, a few Gibsons, SG's Standards, Customs, and 1 guy with headphones busy to tune all these guitars, and re-checking..

What is the function of the roadmanager?

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: Who are the most important people FOR a band?

An audience!

The roadie.

Bingo! you get a cupie doll without an audience whos to impress? and lets face it thats why we do it for ego sake forget noble causes its "hey ma look at me"

vagabondromeo wrote:

An audience!

"Growing old is not for sissies"

WHY DID I KNOW TO GET SUCH ANSWERS?
BECAUSE I would do the same.
Audience? YES
I, have seen on stage (hidden behind a curtain) 60.000 people who waited for there band: THE CURE. Even you are not a player, the "electricity " going through your body to your head is amazing.
Here:
It's all about people who are able to organize a tour, roadies included.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]