Topic: guitars

Is a fender starcaster a good guitar for a beginner

Re: guitars

It all depends. Have you played it? If not, I'd recommend not buying anything unless you've had a chance to play it, and see how it feels. You don't want something that's going to tear your hands up.

Strats are good for just about everything except the heavy metal type of music which most people play with a humbucking guitar like the Les Paul and LP clones. 

Since about half of the electric guitars sold in the world are strats and strat knockoffs or clones . . . I'd say it must be a pretty darn good guitar . . . Usually beginners start with a cheeper strat clone/knockoff.  If they progress and stick with guitar playing . . . they usually end up upgrading to the real thing.

DRAKE isn't it a waste of money? Of course how many persons on 1000 will continue to play? That's why I wrote a while ago if you buy a FENDER in stead of a SQUIER you might be more motivated.
AMPS + FLOORBOARDS + GUITARS = every kind of sound.
PURE? I love to play pure but also using "heavy" effects.
It's a difficult point. You can be owner of a genuine Gibson see melodymaker for 400$ and 800$ gives you a flying V or an SG.
THIS IS SO DIFFICULT. Most of wannabe players have a limited budget, and a squier gives a great sound as an epiphone SG special, one of the cheapest guitars, provides also a nice sound.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Not counting Amps or other stuf:

If you buy a $1000 Strat and later decide playing guitar is not for you . . . you can sell it for $900.  If you have the strat and continue playing . . . you've already got a high quality guitar.

If you buy a $200 Squire and later decide playing guitar isn't for you . . . you can sell it for $100.  If you have the Squire and continue playing . . . you're definately want to upgrade.

Either way you are gonna be out $100 if you quit playing, but if you continue playing . . . the Strat will serve you better.

the rocket wrote:

Is a fender starcaster a good guitar for a beginner

From what I've read it's lower quality than the Squier guitars.

Ya know . . . I miss read the origional post . . . . I thought it said "Stratocaster"  . . . and was basing all my ranting on the yea's or nay's of getting a strat for a beginner.  Sorry!

I wouldn't recommend a starcaster . . . even for a beginner . . . maybe a squire . . . but not a crappy starcaster !

gitaardocphil wrote:

DRAKE isn't it a waste of money? Of course how many persons on 1000 will continue to play? That's why I wrote a while ago if you buy a FENDER in stead of a SQUIER you might be more motivated.
It's a difficult point. You can be owner of a genuine Gibson see melodymaker for 400$ and 800$ gives you a flying V or an SG.
THIS IS SO DIFFICULT. Most of wannabe players have a limited budget, and a squier gives a great sound as an epiphone SG special, one of the cheapest guitars, provides also a nice sound.

STOP STOP SSTOOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

neva eva neva eva buy a squier maybe an epipgone but NOT a squier
they cant stay in tune, they dont sound good and they fall apart!!!!

if you can learn bass in 15 minutes
then why do i play the guitar???
tongue

bedem wrote:
gitaardocphil wrote:

STOP STOP SSTOOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

neva eva neva eva buy a squier maybe an epipgone but NOT a squier
they cant stay in tune, they dont sound good and they fall apart!!!!

sorry i quoted the wrong person

if you can learn bass in 15 minutes
then why do i play the guitar???
tongue

It's a shame that Guitar companies like Gibson and Fender can produce some of the very best guitars and also some of the very worst! I could argue that some of the Epiphone (Gibson corp) and some of the Squires (Fender corp.) are about getting modestly priced and decent guitars into the hands of people who can't afford much while they are starting out...but then some of the low end models aren't really worth taking home for free.

Middleaged Redneck sorta guy who refuses to grow up...passion for music, especially Southern Rock but like bout everything cept Gangsta/Hip Hop. Collect guitars, mandolins, and love to ride Harleys.