Topic: Printing chord chart

Sorry if this has been covered - I'm new. I found Chordie's great chord chart which says printable on the tab but it won't print. Even when the print preview shows the chords, they don't print. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Re: Printing chord chart

Hi Saratica & welcome to chordie!

I had not tried printing the chart before, but as an experiment I just copied the whole block and pasted it into my text editor.  (I guess you could also paste it into a word processor.)  The file is now printable.

However, it lacks all the variations for each chord.  I suppose you could copy/paste all the alternate versions for each chord.

Maybe somebody else has a more elegant solution?
James

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

Thanks, James.

I tried that - everything pastes in but the chords! When I print the page, the chords don't print - everything else does. I tried emailing the page to me and copying that. Same thing.

I tried saving it as a pdf with Adobe. I got the chords but they print too blurry to read. I can't right-click on the part of the page with the chords anywhere... I'm using a Sony Vaio/IE7. Is there something else I should try?

Thanks for your time. Great website!

Sally

Hi Saratica,

Welcome to Chordie.

I have copied my reply from another thread which posed a similar question which may help you.

Sorry to hear about this problem but it is almost certainly a problem with your PC and not with Chordie.

I have a similar problem with my HP printer. It will only print the chords when I use the Windows drivers and with the HP drivers it will not. I have set my PC up with two printer profiles, each having the different drivers to overcome my problem. I am not saying that your problem is the same as mine but it is certainly worth looking at your printer drivers.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

well it seems om not alone on this and cant get anyone to understand THAT IT DOESNT WORK.
It used to and nothings been changed on my pc or my printer

I thought ; If I had one idea,
and took it from beginning to end.
I would try another.

If it doesn't print try:
Clicking file, and print that way.
Clicking on the printer symbol on your computer.
Last, you can hold down on the left button on your mouse and drag it down the screen , then right click the mouse and print.

If this still doesn't work, I'm not going to be back on the computer until maybe next weekend.

If you're not happy with what you have...
Then you'll never be happy with what you get...

I transposed a song, picked the variations of chords that I wanted, selected the entire document, copied it, pasted it into Microsoft Word as a new document, removed anything I didn't want to print, adjusted each cell to have the borders of the tables visible, saved the document and printed it. It came out perfectly with the variations of the chords I wanted and even had something akin to measures drawn.

I have the same problem. It seems that pasting to a word processor and manipulating parameters is excessive. If this is a problem with individual computer settings and not with Chordie, then perhaps a page should be posted that explains what the computer settings should be.

This wont help a bit -except to let you know it can be done . my printer is an epson 1290c ... and I printed out on A3 with no probs . sounds like a pc problem .

any resemblance to my songs sounding anything like the original is highly unlikely.

Well, thanks anyway. Knowing that much helps. Meanwhile, I can print it to "CutePDF" ok and then print that out. Only a couple of extra steps.

When I tried to copy & paste the whole lyric & chord page to Word Pad it left out most all of song and what actually did show up was wrapped in frames. So, I had to end up doing it line by line and even typing some of the lines in because they were in frames.

Still working on this problem... we'll get it worked out.

smile

"Don't hold each word so dear, nocturnal talk is cheap."  - Subdudes/Bonnie Raitt

Others I know have no problem, so it is certainly PC or printer related. I've tried the cut and paste method but using PDF seems to be quickest for now.

It is an Internet Explorer setting, but I can't find which one ("restore defaults" does not fix it). It prints fine from the PC connected to the printer but not over the network from my laptop using I.E.  It does print ok from there using Mozilla Firefox.

I went through and copied each chord as an 'image' and pasted it on a blank 'word' document.  From there you can stretch each chord 'image' to make it a little larger font.

... I have yet to copy and save all the chord variations...

This is most likely a print driver problem. Updating your printer driver usually helps.