1 (edited by Zurf 2008-05-19 15:15:15)

Topic: Disgusting song by Zurf - Sorry it's so gross, but it's my life

I haven't worked out the exact placement of the chords yet, but it's a simple country/folk ditty in G.  G,C,G,D (like pretty much everything I do).  When I sing it, it sings best in a 3/4 country waltz (though I don't blame you if you choose not to dance).   I put in some chords, but do what you want.  I know you will anyway.

I wrote this song in my head while cleaning the bedroom, the living room, and the family room carpets on Saturday.  It's Monday, and my wife has notified me that there are new spots to clean in the bedroom and the living room.  Harumph.  I wear out a steam cleaner about once a year. 

My Life Revolves Around PeeBy "D" Zurfluh

C1:

[G] My life revolves around pee.

[C] It constantly assaults my olfactory.

[G] It's on carpets and floors and up-hol-ster-[D]y

[D] Yes, my life revolves around [G] pee.

V1:

[G] An incontinent dog who goes three times a night

[C] Sometimes I sleep right through her plight

[G] In the morning I'll look at her favorite [D] spot

[D] And find what I find more often [C] than [G] not

C2:

[G] My life revolves around pee

[C] My life revolves around pee

[G] With that dog constantly leaving sur-[D]prises...

[D] (makes me wonder) Can you teach a Beagle Kegle exer-[G]cises?

V2:

My daughters are learning awfully slow

marking terr-i-tory wherever they go

It's everywhere, one place and another

As we pass middle age, it'll be me and their mother!

C3:

My life revolves around pee

Everywhere, on everything you see

Better life thorugh chemistry's my reaction

Relief comes solely from enzymatic action

V3

The carpet is stained and so is the chair

Visible reminders are everywhere

But the smell is worse than what you see

A mixture of Bissell solution, urine, and Vitamin C

Repeat C1:

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Re: Disgusting song by Zurf - Sorry it's so gross, but it's my life

Not sure why it's showing up in that wierd way (at least on my screen), but it is.  I thought I followed the directions.  Apparantly the Chordie genies are requiring some sort of sacrifice from me I have yet to provide.

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

OK. Wild strange stuff. My screen changes resolution with in your post starts @ 1152 x 864 and then goes to 800 x 600. I've never seen that happen here before....strange days indeed. I have to reply just to see what it'll look like.

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Well, if it's wierd and never happened on a computer before, it's sure to happen to me.  That may explain my VERY short tenure as a computer repair center manager...

Hi Zurf - It was looking so strange simply because you had the 'voodoo' codes arranged in a very creative manner.  So relax - you haven't broken chordie (yet)!

You can open up your song with the 'edit' button at the bottom right corner and see what I did to 'fix' the coding.

I know exactly what this song is all about - with old pets & little kids . . . never a dull moment and never does a day go by without some vivid encounter with bodily functions.  In our household I am the Excretory Expert - we have an ancient English Mastiff, so I am getting plenty of opportunity to hone my skills.

This is a dandy little ditty - would love to hear you perform it.   james

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

6 (edited by Zurf 2008-05-19 19:47:09)

Thank you James.

There was another verse I meant to end with, the ending of which was

"If it keeps up, I don't know what I'm going to do.
What'd I just step in?  Oh no, it's #2." 

But I didn't spend the effort to work out the first half of the verse.  It was getting late and the dog had to go out and there was a screaming girl with drippy training pants in my den...

Hang in there Zurf, it's all going to be fine. I like your song and can relate to it.

Take care... Badeye cool

one caper after another

Hi Zurf,
I laughed all through that. I Know I know.. My old Jack Russell "Lady" is beginning to have wee accidents.
She refuses to look at me when this happens. Totally ignores me untill its cleaned.
My Kids are grown but i remember the days.. My biggest  problem now is dog hairs lol A small price to pay for  having my dogs.
Dont fret, You make 3 homes in a lifetime. The first with you and your wife. The second when the kids are midway,  the 3rd when they leave.  By that time your eyesight fades, your nose goes Kaput.  These things just dont reach top of your daily chores in the latter years.      Just get rid of the carpets.  There a pain.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

A sonnet to pee kinda gets you right in the heart along time ago in a galaxie far away I had a few youngun's and I know the joys you are experiencing the price you pay for fooling around is more costley then gas but the rewards ahhh bliss you lucky dog lol

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Now Old Doll, how can I not fret?  I play a guitar!  Of course, I could play my fretless bass and avoid the fretting. 

Thanks for the encouragement everyone.  This is just the way it is.  We got one girl potty trained about the time another came long.   It's been seven years of diapers and pull-ups and the dog just keeps getting older.  Life goes on.  It's good for the spirit to be humbled by things we can't control.  This is one of them.  I'll just keep investing in incense, steam cleaners, and enzyme solutions to remove the odor.   It reminds me of one fellow I worked with a long while ago.  He had seven children, each new one coming along about two years after the one before it.  Well, one day, this fellow was so happy.  Normally he was pleasant, but this one day he was just ebulient.  So, I asked him what was making him feel so good, and he told me.  He said, "Yesterday was the first day in fourteen years that I didn't change a diaper."  Now I understand. 

- Zurf

Nice one Zurf,

I could not help thinking that if I could invent a cannine version of 'Tena Lady' (a discrete pad for a ladies little accidents) that I keep seeing on the TV, then perhaps I could make a fortune.

Great fun song and you have my sympathies.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Hi Zurf - My day started with an Excremental Tri-fecta . . . one of our big dogs (170 pound 5-year old English Mastiff) must have eaten something very nasty.

Urine, vomit, and diarrhea artfully splattered all about.  I couldn't face it right away . . . poured a big cup of coffee, went outside, read the funnies, got my courage up and then went back inside to do battle with the elements.

The poor dog is doing better now - - - he slept all day and was able to eat a little food this evening.  I'm not giving him full rations until I know he's better!

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

James,

You win.  Ick.

- Zurf

Just laughed my head off reading that post James McCormick.

Artfully Splattered LOL.  One of my busiest work times is christmas.
Christmas week 06  I had everything in order in my house. Lady the jack russell
loves being washed and pampered. Hops back into her bed delighted with life.
I guess its her age!
Ben my beautiful  black hairy hound doesnt like it at all. He disappeared from the house. 20 minutes later he arrived back smelling like a dung house. He had rolled   Himself all over in horse / cow shi# in a field near. I thought the quickiest way to deal with this was wash him in the shower as i had visitors arriving.
Popped him in  the shower stall and hit the on switch.
i never did look at the settings. Well the water was to hot and he bolted from the shower stall and the shock of to hot water.
He stood in the middle of the bathroom and shook his long coat vigoursly.
I nearly passed out as i watched newly decorated soft cream walls being splattered with  greeny  watery dropletts. Hundreds of them. I remember sitting on the floor of my bathroom wondering will i let myself have the nervous breakdown i felt rapidly coming on, while my beautiful mutt was looking at me totally perplexed.
He { Ben was taken to the yard and hosed down, while i told my guests on arrival
" If after using the bathroom they wanted to hear a shitt# story just ask ! lol

Ps James! "Hows Mazie and the other Artist ?

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Zurf,

I Like the last two lines!! Finish it and keep as an alternate verse.
                                                                                               getfiddle

A musician is someone with too much time on their hands! Thank god I'm a musician!!!

Man Zurf

thats cool as!! pretty grose but thats the way you are!!

I Can Play And Thats Ture  (- -)
                                           -
                                         /--/

Funny Tune Zurf

I like the line"AS we pass middle age,It'll be me and their mother" How true...
We had a dog growing up.Norwegian Elk Hound Named Pushka.She didn't have any problems except for us kids. We used to lovingly tease her by throwing a piece of baloney up onto the ceiling
where it would stick and Pushka would sit there and wait for sometimes 10-15 minutes before it dropped.When Mom sold the house 10-15 years later,we all got a good chuckle because the rings from the baloney was still on the ceiling.Great Memory...Thanks and good tune

KAP54
Keep on Pluckin

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)