4) AGADOO by Black Lace
5) I SHOULD BE SO LUCKY by KYLIE MINOGUE
6) WE'RE GOING TO IBIZA by VENGABOYS
7) GRANDMA WE LOVE YOU by ST WINIFREDS SCHOOL CHOIR
8) SHADDAP YA FACE by JOE DOLCE
9) ACHY BREAKY HEART by BILLY RAY CYRUS
10) THE LADY IN RED by CHRIS DEBURGH

I have to admit that I like the song THE LADY IN RED

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: CRIMES AGAINST MUSIC

Lady In Red, always makes me cry.  I always hated that disco tune - "Celebration"  Grates my nerves, (unless dancing girls are doing some kinda wild jig to it) 

*ahem* 

~hangs head in shame......again~

Same as always - MacArthur Park.  Hideous waste of a wonderful classical piece.  I can no longer listen to the classical piece without putting those awful lyrics in (in my head - I wouldn't subject others to my singing them). 

Honky Tonk Bedonkadonk.  Just about as stupid of a song as there has ever been written for Country music, and that's saying something.  Flat out dopey.  And it went way up the charts and stayed there, too.  Go figure.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

"The Lady in Red" is not a bad song,  just a little too sappy and over played.
I do a cover of "Achy Breaky Heart" only I change the words to "The Hokey Pokey",  it always gets a laugh.

My Additions to the list are;
"Who Let the Dogs Out?"  by Baja Men
"My Humps" by Black Eyed Peas  (with a life time achivement award going to Fergie)

Hey Twist,   Dancing Girls are an Automatic Improvement to any song,  even "My Humps".

Also adding a guilty pleasure;  (Should be on the list but I like it anyway)
"Babys Got Back" by Sir Mixalot.

Just change the words and the key to "E" and Achy Breaky Heart becomes Tulsa Time by Don Williams.

Nela

Zurf wrote:

Honky Tonk Bedonkadonk.  Just about as stupid of a song as there has ever been written for Country music, and that's saying something.  Flat out dopey.  And it went way up the charts and stayed there, too.  Go figure.

- Zurf

You got to love the video though....lol

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Rap music - that's it...oh and dance, trance, anything thats purely synthesized and not played with an actual instrument but by composing together a load of sound bytes on a computer software setup

the song just deb posted

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Guitarpix wrote:
Zurf wrote:

- Zurf

Pix - I just had to search and watch the video. I want those 4 minutes of my life back. smile

Maybe it's better on a big screen, I'm not sure - I know it would be better with less of him and more of them!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Kid Rock and Sheryl Crowe duet (the name of the song escapes me (thankfully!)). What a steamy pile of pop monkey sh*&. Do they really need the money?

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Guitarpix wrote:
Zurf wrote:

- Zurf

Never saw it. 

- Zurf

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

geoaguiar wrote:

Kid Rock and Sheryl Crowe duet (the name of the song escapes me (thankfully!)). What a steamy pile of pop monkey sh*&. Do they really need the money?

Whiskey Angel or something like that!  Right, the whole concept that people become angels when they die is stupid (but perpetuated by movies and such for some reason despite it being completely non-Scriptural and still supposedly based in a Christian-ish concept of heaven/hell/angels/demons).  Also, death isn't the sad part of drinking ones self to death.  It's the living while trying to make it happen that is sad.  Death is a sought-after relief from that kind of self-torture.  Dopey song.  Glorifies something that is extra-ordinarily damaging to everyone in the circumferance of the situation and then suggests that the person becomes an angel.  Something like that.  Horrible, horrible song.  Makes me want to smack Kid Rock right upside the head (but not Sheryl Crow - she's much too good looking so it can't be her fault). 

- Zurf

Michael Bolton

American Idol

Drum Machines

Celene Dion

Give everything but up.

NELA wrote:

Just change the words and the key to "E" and Achy Breaky Heart becomes Tulsa Time by Don Williams.

Nela

That's pretty much true of every single song you will ever play.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

SouthPaw41L wrote:

Drum Machines

We have a winner!

- Zurf

Couldn't have said it better about the smacking right upside the head!! Thanks for the laugh

Zurf wrote:
geoaguiar wrote:

Whiskey Angel or something like that!  Right, the whole concept that people become angels when they die is stupid (but perpetuated by movies and such for some reason despite it being completely non-Scriptural and still supposedly based in a Christian-ish concept of heaven/hell/angels/demons).  Also, death isn't the sad part of drinking ones self to death.  It's the living while trying to make it happen that is sad.  Death is a sought-after relief from that kind of self-torture.  Dopey song.  Glorifies something that is extra-ordinarily damaging to everyone in the circumferance of the situation and then suggests that the person becomes an angel.  Something like that.  Horrible, horrible song.  Makes me want to smack Kid Rock right upside the head (but not Sheryl Crow - she's much too good looking so it can't be her fault). 

- Zurf

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

topdown wrote:

Maybe it's better on a big screen, I'm not sure - I know it would be better with less of him and more of them!

I agree, I was referring to them smile I'm not a fan of him though...lol

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Kid Rock and Sheryl Crow did a good song called Picture.  My band plays it.

Bobby
kickin.ws