Topic: Proposal!

Great excitement here tonight in my home.

My Son proposed to his girlfriend. Yipee. He is blessed, she is a wonderful young woman.    There Flying to NewYork friday for the sparkler.
This was the music we played.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqc1VNm9ZrI

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Re: Proposal!

Well hot diggity dog!  Many congratulations and well wishes to them and to you, Old Doll. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Old Doll - Congrats to you and your Son and future Daughter!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Weddings are wonderful!  Best wishes to the betrothed!

I wish I could remember more of my wedding - I was stone-cold sober, but so nervous that it is all just a blur.  In the days leading up to the wedding, my beloved was all nervous and I was telling her, "Relax, it'll be fun."  Then, the day of our wedding she was absolutely serene and blissful - I was absolutely scared to death.

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

Same here James...a complete blur...sweating like a pig. In retrospect the best thing I ever did by far.

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Old Doll, the Good Lord gave you a son and now a daughter is coming into the family. Best wishes on your new family. In due time you can look forward to the birth of your grandchildren. That's one of lifes best experience's.

Nela

Old Doll wrote:

Great excitement here tonight in my home.

My Son proposed to his girlfriend. Yipee. He is blessed, she is a wonderful young woman.    There Flying to NewYork friday for the sparkler.
This was the music we played.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqc1VNm9ZrI

Old Doll.

So what'd she say? .............
I think I know the answer..... Congrats Old Doll. I wish you and yours only the best.

Ciao Bella,
Toney

Give everything but up.

Hi Helena,

Many congratulations to your son and daughter-in-law to be.

Just think in not too many years now you will probably be a 'granny' and a great one you will make too.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Congrats to all Lena.

If you're not happy with what you have...
Then you'll never be happy with what you get...

Congatulations to you, your son and furture daughter in-law lena smile
All the best
Ark

Ahhh,  Thank you all so much for your good wishes for my family.

Yes, the ring is being made as i write this.  I just had a call from them.
There so happy its wonderful.  I do look forward to being a Grandma.
Isnt life the Berries when love is in the air ?.

Let the good times roll.

Ps . does anyone know a good milliner ? lol

Helena.

LOL - You see this site is so educational - I had to look it up to see what a milliner is!

Sorry Helena - I don't know a good milliner - but I hope you do post photos of the event so we can see you in your splendid hat!

So for any other stupid Americans who didn't know (like me) - here is the definition from wiki:

Millinery refers to hats and other articles sold by a milliner to women, or the profession or business of designing, making, or selling hats, dresses, and hat trim to women. Women would ask a milliner to remake their old clothing into new clothing. A milliner is a hatter who designs, makes, sells or trims hats and dresses. Customers would visit a millinery shop to look at and to buy clothes (children's clothing, shirts, undergarments and caps, for example) Millinery, if taken in a more general sense, also means any accoutrements that are functionally unnecessary, such as a garnish on a dish, or the extra cuff-buttons on a man's dress jacket.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

13 (edited by Old Doll 2008-05-31 00:27:36)

lol Topdown,

And there was me thinking everyone knew this ! Ill tell you a wee story.
60 of us traveled to my nephews wedding in Boston  a couple of years ago.
We had so many hat boxes with us they asked where we gonna sell them there lol
There were 2 things struck me most at this wedding.
Not one American Woman wore a hat.
The photos are the funniest.  In one of the photos they all { the American Woman } donned our hats.  Pretty as pictures i might add} They had a photo taken.
Nearly every woman wore black  young and old.  Well the young bride in question is Italian, so maybe that had something to do with it.

I love hats but i dont have a face /  head for one. Just dont seem to suit me.

Ps. The woman who wore our hats were presented with them by us woman box and all before we left. {Another great photo, As now they were all in tee shirts,  sweats and jeans.

Hats off to you Topdown lol
Helena.

Ps The wedding was held in one of the Mansions in Rhode Island.  { Fantastic!

Old Doll wrote:

Ps The wedding was held in one of the Mansions in Rhode Island.  { Fantastic!

the wedding? yer son's wedding already? lol

I just started reading this thread Lena, congrats to yer son and his mrs to be. Hope they have a good life together and produce lots of wee rug rats for you to spoil.

How ye been anyway? not heard much from you.

All the best

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Old Doll, you'll be pleased to know that ladies still wear hats in this neck of the woods (southern USA).  In fact, a distinctive hat is a mark of genteel elegance for many southern women - its called 'hattitude'. 

In fact, there is one group of women who are actually distinguished by their stylishly flamboyant hats - the ladies of the COGIC church (Church of God in Christ).  Every year this sect has a convention in Memphis and the display of millinery finery is legendary:
http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/20 … 834536945/
http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/20 … -are-mind/
Here is lovely coffee table book on the subject:
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Crowns … 0385500869

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

Hi UVK,

Im fine, pulling the divil by the tail to  keep ahead of him. We had a great family gathering last w/e. Still trying to recover.
The wedding i believe is to be  August 09. If they can get a venue. Imagine!!
It seems most women here are more fond of wedding cake then i lol.
With the prices they charge here id rather live in sin.  His Ma , {Mise } is trying
to talk them into having a hooley abroad. Some sunshine included.

Anyways  Son im still writing away. My niece recorded a song i wrote  acapello . I think its good. She is doing a degree in Music/ media/ entertainment.  Ill link it to you.

Gods blessings to you and yours this beautiful Day.
Old Doll.

Good Morning Old Doll, Congrats on gaining a daughter in
law. Hope you all have a great day.

...Badeye.. cool

one caper after another

Thanks James / Badeye,

I will enjoy those links James. I love the expression Hattitude, Fantastic. I will introduce this word to our Irish Nation, lol

Heres a link your lady friends will enjoy. Phillip Tracy is Irish from the region of Galway on the west coast. He is amazin. Makes Hats from everything as you will see.

http://www.designboom.com/portrait/tracey_bio.html

Em! Phillip wont be making mine much as id like. Id probably have to sell my home
to pay him. Sure My roof is the best cover i ever bought for my wee head.
Now wheres them feathers  i only have a year to work on this one  . lol.

Old Doll.