Topic: help with my effects

hi im not realy a long time in electric guitar playing and i bought this korg AX 5G toneworks multi-effect but i dont realy know what i can do with the different things i can do with it, i dont know how to create a good sound can anyone plz help

plays: Ibanez arx 120bx electric guitar , Fender CD60 steelstring

Re: help with my effects

What sort of sound are you looking for? The Boss website has some good descriptions for each of their products that might help...I'm not familar with the Korg AX but would suspect that it too would offer some good web support.
To try and answer your question I would suggest first setting your guitar and amp to a clean sound and then try each effect at different settings...some effects such as distortion can be affected by the volume control on your guitar...just too many possibilities to really peg down for ya...
Lots of good info and experience available from these Chordies...let us know what you're looking for and betcha someone can help...

Middleaged Redneck sorta guy who refuses to grow up...passion for music, especially Southern Rock but like bout everything cept Gangsta/Hip Hop. Collect guitars, mandolins, and love to ride Harleys.

Re: help with my effects

well the terms is the thing i dont really understand what it does. caus i got tis great sound and there is so much echo in and i dont know how to get it out of there. and i dont really know what kind of eff i need to get like a, blues, metal,rock, funk sounds thanks anyway:) i'll play with my effects

plays: Ibanez arx 120bx electric guitar , Fender CD60 steelstring