Topic: THOUGHT FOR THE DAY!

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY

PROBLEM:
OPEC nations sells oil for $150.00 per barrel.

OPEC nations buy U S grain at $7.00 per bushel.

SOLUTION:
Sell grain for $150.00 per bushel

Can't afford to buy it?

Tough!

Eat your oil!

Ought to go well with a nice thick piece of grilled filet of camel ass!

NUFF SAID!
NELA

Re: THOUGHT FOR THE DAY!

Really don't like that kind of xenophobic rant!

The current crisis has more to do with sub-prime lending across the US and frenzied speculation in oil than anything to do with opec.

BTW you didn't put any chords to the song . . .

"What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understandin' ."    Elvis Costello

I say boycott.

If you don't have to drive anywhere, then don't.
Buy your groceries when you are coming home from work.
Holidays are big for the fuel companies, So don't travel anywhere over the holiday. Discover something new within your own community.

Picking one day to boycott doesn't work cause the following day the the gas will go up again, just to make up for the sales that didn't happen, but if you boycott holiday traveling then you'll cause them to look. One day doesn't work. It will take a group effort, and it will have to take place numerous times. Holidays are when the fuel goes the highest. So don't travel on holidays, as many as you possibly can.

If you're not happy with what you have...
Then you'll never be happy with what you get...

Mr Sheeran, the above post was a joke and not a xenophobic rant. I really am sorry if I offended your sensitive nature with a little humor. I, too, keep up with the world news and am aware of the problems everyone faces with the current oil problems. I could also resort to name calling, like yourself, and say something rude in reply but I won't lower myself to that standard. Again,  please accept my apology for attempting to provide a little humor.

Nela

** Post amended by admin **

lol a wonderfuly clothed retort!

NELA wrote:

Mr Sheeran, the above post was a joke and not a xenophobic rant. I really am sorry if I offended your sensitive nature with a little humor. I, too, keep up with the world news and am aware of the problems everyone faces with the current oil problems. I could also resort to name calling, like yourself, and say something rude in reply but I won't lower myself to that standard. Again,  please accept my apology for attempting to provide a little humor.

Nela

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Great work for keeping it civilized

If you're not happy with what you have...
Then you'll never be happy with what you get...

Why can't we all just get along.

Wayne P

Thumbs Up Nela!!

Later, Wayne P

8 (edited by Old Doll 2008-06-24 13:58:40)

Nela,

Heres another thought for your day!

Don't break the elastic !!
In April, Maya Angelou was interviewed by Oprah on her 70+ birthday. Oprah asked her what she thought of growing older.
And, there on television, she said it was 'exciting.' Regarding bod changes, she said there were many, occurring every day...like her breasts. They seem to be in a race to see which one will reach her waist, first.

Maya Angelou said this:
'I've learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.'
'I've learned that you can tell a lot about a person by the way he/she handles these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights.'
'I've learned that regardless of your relationship with your parents, you'll miss them when they're gone from your life.'
'I've learned that making a 'living' is not the same thing as 'making a life.'
'I've learned that life sometimes gives you a second chance.'
'I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw some things back.'
'I've learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart, usually make the right decision.'
'I've learned that even when I have pains, I don't have to be one.'
'I've learned that every day you should reach out and touch someone People love a warm hug, or just a friendly pat on the back.'
'I've learned that I still have a lot to learn.'
'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.'

I Helena } also learned today, everything i purchased last week has gone up 2/3 euro  per item ? Hello!
Now all the stock that was already in this country in warehouses, is reaping the fat
cats rewards already! at the expense of the ordinary workers.

Tried everywhere Nela for a fat assed camel steak  " No Joy" I only got the hump ! lol. My lovely butcher busted laughing, asking me where me jihab was?
or would i like one hump or 2 in me tea! lol

Ya gotta laugh. Lifes to short.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvsYE3VBlOU 

Humpy Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Another dilemma to ponder;

How do the police hand cuff a one-armed man ?

Give everything but up.

Just read your post this morning, Old Doll, and really got a good laff. Sorry about your camel steak but glad you got your hump. In this old world of constant changes I guess we all should look more towards a good hump than too all the downsides of life.

Nela

a introspective vid and some good thoughts helena thanks for the link smile

Old Doll wrote:

Nela,

Heres another thought for your day!

Don't break the elastic !!
In April, Maya Angelou was interviewed by Oprah on her 70+ birthday. Oprah asked her what she thought of growing older.
And, there on television, she said it was 'exciting.' Regarding bod changes, she said there were many, occurring every day...like her breasts. They seem to be in a race to see which one will reach her waist, first.

Maya Angelou said this:
'I've learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.'
'I've learned that you can tell a lot about a person by the way he/she handles these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights.'
'I've learned that regardless of your relationship with your parents, you'll miss them when they're gone from your life.'
'I've learned that making a 'living' is not the same thing as 'making a life.'
'I've learned that life sometimes gives you a second chance.'
'I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw some things back.'
'I've learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart, usually make the right decision.'
'I've learned that even when I have pains, I don't have to be one.'
'I've learned that every day you should reach out and touch someone People love a warm hug, or just a friendly pat on the back.'
'I've learned that I still have a lot to learn.'
'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.'

I Helena } also learned today, everything i purchased last week has gone up 2/3 euro  per item ? Hello!
Now all the stock that was already in this country in warehouses, is reaping the fat
cats rewards already! at the expense of the ordinary workers.

Tried everywhere Nela for a fat assed camel steak  " No Joy" I only got the hump ! lol. My lovely butcher busted laughing, asking me where me jihab was?
or would i like one hump or 2 in me tea! lol

Ya gotta laugh. Lifes to short.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvsYE3VBlOU 

Humpy Old Doll.

"Growing old is not for sissies"