Topic: Fender or not?

Hi i'm looking for a bit of advice on buying an acoustic guitar i was thinking about getting a fender acoustic and like the CD 14OS and was wondering is it worth paying a bit extra for the electro-acoustic or is there a better guitar out there for the same money?

Take it easy n' if its easy take it again

2 (edited by Tibernius 2008-05-15 15:35:55)

Re: Fender or not?

Best advice I can give you is find a guitar store and play everything in your price range. I did that before I bought my Cort acoustic, which with the exception of a Yamaha at 4x the price (:O) was the one I liked the sound of the most.

Yeah i suppose that makes more sense than jus pickin a guitar off the net that i liked the look of.

Cheers mate, take it easy

Take it easy n' if its easy take it again

If you ever think you will want to play in front of an audience, it is easier to get an electro/aucoustic, than to add the pick-up later.

Also consider what kind of music you are playing...most acoustic/electrics are thinner (general rule) and don't project as much acoustic volume as others. That can be critical in a Bluegrass setting or someplace where you need lots of acoustic volume. But for me they are easier to hold and play. On a stage plugged in the acoustic/electric really shines! I much agree with the others to pick a price range and then go play several guitars until you find one that works best for you.

Middleaged Redneck sorta guy who refuses to grow up...passion for music, especially Southern Rock but like bout everything cept Gangsta/Hip Hop. Collect guitars, mandolins, and love to ride Harleys.

Ive been playing my mums guitar for a few years now and I think that the older it is the better it sounds!

` Just keep swimming just keep swimming just keep swimming swimming swimming what do we do ?we swim swim swim Ohohohohohoho I love to swim and when you want to swim you want to swim you want to swim`Yea I LOVE annoying the crap out of people. And a note to all you Steiners !GOO STEINER!

7 (edited by GoodbyeBlueSky 2008-06-23 18:52:23)

My dad has a Fender acoustic, and I love it.

All I know is I feel better when I sing.
Burdens are lifted from me.
That's my voice rising.

I also have a Fender acoustic and it sounds better all the time. Love my Fender.

Badeye cool

one caper after another

also another good brand to check out is Marshall, they've been making guitars for as long as Gibson, and sound great (plus they're one of the loudest)

I'm the voice inside your head you refuse to hear I'm the face you have to face mirror in your stare I'm what's left I'm what's right I'm the enemy
I'm the hand that takes you down, brings you to your knees
-Foo Fighters (the Pretender)

10 (edited by tubatooter1940 2008-07-04 14:00:07)

Hi ryangordon 1986,
My path followed tibernius. I played a hundred guitars in pawn shops. I would ask for a guitar that looked bad and played good. Often the clerk would have one stashed somewhere that was more interesting than most. I bought a mid - 70's Yamaha dreadnought acoustic that plays and sounds just right. I glued a pickup beneath the bridge that sounded good until I took that guitar sailing too many times. The pickup died but the Yamaha has such a big sound I don't need an electric guitar until the crowd numbers more than twenty (twelve if they're drinking). I paid $200. The Yamaha may be worth $300 but the big sound and low action are priceless to me.
Bought a 1960 Gibson 330 archtop electric in 1968 from a band mate. It had a short neck for rhythm and the old single wound, mellow Gibson pickups. It's been my electric axe ever since.
My wife watched a Antiques Roadshow about old guitars. She was pleased to tell me my 330 may be worth between $2,000 and $12,000 depending on the sound. It sounds great!

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

I also love my Fender accoustic

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.