Re: where is everybody from?

hello kahuna i am from durham england i took to playing guitar late in life when i was fifty seven,i love every moment i practise playing and regret not taking it up earlier in my life.

Hi everyone,
  I'm Crystal and I'm from South Florida.  I've been playing for about 4 months now.

14 - years old, from Finland. Been playing guitar since I was 8 years old, and bass since I was 12.

15 years old, live just outside of Amsterdam and I have been playing guitar for about 8 months:)

...I felt l like I was eating a snowcone in a sauna or something...

Hello everybody. I was born in Leicester, England and now ended up living in Norwich - which is good. I am a poor self- taught strummer. 54 - going on - 54.

Peace to all here.

Skip

Hi...I am from Europa, Slovenia... 36 old and I learning to play guitar...that's make fun...learning also to sing but have problems...anyway hope I will make progres. You can look my youtube site and have fun. Here is the link.

http://www.youtube.com/user/N19en71ad

I wish you nice day

Gerasim

Skaneateles, NY, USA.  Been playing over 25 years.  Mostly acoustic sing alongs for family and friends.  Love being a new member of Chordie.  Hello to all!

hi
I am from Macon GA. One time home to the Allman Brothers. 42 yrs old been playing for 6 months,still suck but having fun.
Paul

England, 14, Been playing nearly 2 years.

All I know is I feel better when I sing.
Burdens are lifted from me.
That's my voice rising.

Hi everyone.I'm from London Ontario Canada.I am 54 years old and like a lot of folks here I played along time ago, then life got in the way.Picked my guitar up a few months back thanks to Chordie and am having a blast.Just can't wait for my fingers to stop hurting LOL

KAP54 smile

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Hi all,
I am 67. Started on tuba at age 13, added trumpet at age 16 and trombone in my 20's. I love guitar and at age 24 - when I started bringing mine to gigs, my bandmates would hide it at first, but I persisted. I'm a decent strummer but in short - handed bar bands I would grab a trumpet or slide bone to solo.
I bought my first tuba (Soviet Army Issue) in Siberia when I was 50. I got a job playing tuba in a beach music trio (tuba, guitar, harmonica) five years later. www.johnreno.com/. We toured Music City (Linden) ,Texas, Branson, Missouri, and Bourbon St. in New Orleans last year. The guitarist, John Reno and I are booked to fly out to Seattle for a series of concerts for Parrothead Clubs September 3rd through the 6th.
I am surprised to be having this much fun at my age. I love it and my bandmates are a hoot. John lets me play guitar and sing my silly songs when he needs to hit the head. We rarely take breaks.
Dennis Gray
tubatooter1940
http://cdbaby.com/cd/johnrenohfc

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Very Cool Dennis - I listened to the clips from your link - the tuba is an awesome change of pace from the usual bass guitar. I really like the sound of this group! CD's are out of stock on cdbaby and amazon - how do I get one?

Glad to hear you are enjoying yourself and welcome to Chordie!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Newfienorm wrote:

I'm from Newfoundland and currently living in Nova Scotia Canada. Am 68 years young, started to learn Guitar about a year and a half ago. Loving every minute of it. Never had so much fun. This is a great forum for a newbie to follow. Cheers to all.

Where in Newfoundland? I'm in Gander.

"You have to get over the love of power, and enjoy the power of love, in order to know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix.

my mother was of the sky
my father was of the Earth
and I am of the Universe -
and you know what (that's) worth
JL 1968

The only difference 'tween a sinner and a saint
Is one's forgiven and the other'n aint

I feel yer blues maxxi.

Excellent first post and welcome to Chordie!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

I'm from Lexington NC...just an old country boy who loves blues, country, rock, bluegrass, roots. I Anything from Led Zepplin to Kenny Chesney, to Jackson Browne, to John Prine, to my all time favorite, that no one else on here that I've found has heard of..a band called "Goose Creek Symphony"

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

I'm from Owensboro, Kentucky. I have been playing Christian music for 3 years. My favorite artists are Casting Crowns, Tenth Avenue North, and Steven Curtis Chapman big_smile

It takes me hours to type tjhis stuff but is it treue that the drunker you get the better you play? I think i do LOL but unless your in Manjimup (look it up in an atlas man) you will never find out ? Maybe Very Good for you!!!!

I'm a brit from Kent, England and living in Hillsdale (upstate New York), USA.  I'm 33 and have been playng for about 3 years now.  It's very inspiring to hear that alot of us are older and have not been playing that long.  You find something you love and you just do it.....it doesn't matter when! x

I live in Perth Australia. Been here for about five years now orginally from the UK. Been playing for about 3 years now.

I live at Lake Macquarie on the east coast of Australia.  Been enjoying chordie for a long time.
I would love to hear from any lap slide players.

im from good ol Arizona. Yuma baby! REPRESENT!

Hi to all, I'm from Belfast Northern Ireland, I started almost a year ago at 62, playing the

Guitar for the first time in my life; I'll be 63 come September. Who says you can't teach an

old dog new tricks; I'm Loving every minute of it.

Because of the Guitar I have more friends now than ever. Now that is Cool!!!

Luck to all!

New Zealand here. north island, 43 years. Been playing maybe 5 years or so and still get that I HAVE to play feeling. Its like a rush still. I love my guitars and am learning banjo at the moment.
Didn't listen to music for a few years till I started playing. Playing really takes you somewhere.
But its something a person that doesn't play can understand I think.
I love it.
I'm hooked for life.

I'm 63 come September, i've been playing about a year.  I'm from Belfast Northern Ireland,
and I agree this is a great site, ask for help and it is forthcoming.  Although , I have only been playing for about a year, I have a good grounding in Music Theory, because I played a flute
when i was a lot younger, a lot younger. I played in the same band that James Gallway started
in, you had to learn music or you couldn't join, don't worry if you don't understand what I'm talking about, Jeames the new member from Belfast will know.

Luck to all. !!!