Topic: We Can Make It Work Together

We Can Make It Work Together
Words and Music: Chuck Hollaman
Tuning: Standard
Capo: 3rd   Fret
Key: Bb

Intro: picked - G  Am/G  G  Am/G  G  Am/G  G  Am/G

Verse: 1 picked

G                     Am/G  G       Am/G       G                    Am/G  G        Am/G         
            If your not for me..............................And I'm not for you,
G                          Am/G G         Am/G     C                 Cmaj9/B   D7       
            Then what in the world..........................Are we gonna.......do?

Verse: 2 picked

G                      Am/G  G      Am/G     G                       Am/G  G      Am/G
           So if I'm not for you...........................And your not for me,
G                         Am/G     G       Am/G        C                    Cmaj9/B     D7
           Should we just give up................................And just let it............be.           

Chorus: picked

Em                                    C                                       Em
           When I look in your eyes....I see love, it's no surprise!
Em                                   C                                       Em
           When you look into mine....Tell me what do you find?
Em                        D7
           Do you find love............?

Verse: 3 picked

G                   Am/G   G          Am/G     G                Am/G   G        Am/G
          So lets work together.............................Lets find a...way,
G                          Am/G       G              Am/G    C              Cmaj9/B      D7
          To keep this love alive babe.............................We do have a........say.

Verse: 4 picked

G                        Am/G G             Am/G       G                    Am/G G        Am/G 
          In how we move forward.............................And how we survive.
G                            Am/G        G         Am/G      C                Cmaj9/B   D7
          We can keep this love together........................We just gotta.........try.

Chorus: picked

Em                                    C                                       Em
Em                                   C                                       Em
Em                        D7                                                 Em
           Do you find love............?    Whoaaaa.....................

Outro chorus: Strummed  hard! 2x

Em                                    C/G                                   Em
Em                                   C/G                                   Em
Em                        D7                                                 
           Do you find love............?    Whoaaaa.....................

Em                                    C/G                                   Em
Em                                   C/G                                   Em
Em                        D7 picked
           Do you find love............?

Ending: picked - slow down as you pick Am/G and G.

G                             Am/G      G
           We can make it work together!

A musician is someone with too much time on their hands! Thank god I'm a musician!!!

Re: We Can Make It Work Together

I like the lyrics Chuck but I gotta go back to the chord charts to see what some of those chords are.
Complicated issue this Love Thing...Well Done smile

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

3 (edited by getfiddle 2008-07-26 03:32:23)

Thanks KAP54,
As you can tell by my songs, I really like the Am/G chord, 3X2013. Simple to play. The Cmaj9/B
I took from a Bob Marley song. Also simple to play x20010. Just walk down from C to Cmaj9/B
to D7.
   getfiddle

A musician is someone with too much time on their hands! Thank god I'm a musician!!!

Thanks getfiddle smile I'll give a go
KAP54

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

5 (edited by daddycool 2008-07-23 18:21:50)

hi chuck sung song as i'd do it and it flows well,great lyrics,but can't relate to these fancy chord patterns ,well done....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

Great lyrics, It's amazing how love brings out the musical side in people.
I tried playing it and it sounds great!

-Kerry-

All I know is I feel better when I sing.
Burdens are lifted from me.
That's my voice rising.

Yeah Love & Music - probably the first person to bang some rocks together and sing was just trying to pitch some woo!

I would love to hear you play this one.  James

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

Thanks everybody,
I'm new to recording music, so I'll try and record some of my songs and post them on myspace.
I haven't had a lot of free time to work on recording, but I'm gonna try to fit in some time.
                                                                                                                             getfiddle

Starting recording is scary - I just dove in about a year ago and am learning as I go.  Just start doing it and realize that your technical knowledge and skills will improve with experience.

Roger Guppy encouraged me (or rather hounded and shamed me) into finally starting to record.  I'm glad he did - it is scary, but rewarding.  James

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

hi getfiddle,

i dont know about tongue twisters but those chords are definitely finger dislocators!!! i notice even chopro couldnt work them out.

this is no criticism, but can you explain the part where you say
" i look in your eyes, i see love it's no surprise
when you look into mine what do you find?"

it sounds like "if you dont find love it's because i dont love you" [figuratively speaking], is that what you meant or am i looking for something that aint there?

it's another good one

keep strumming

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Hi Phil,
Those chord names can scare a person, can't they? The Am/G chord: 3X2013, is really quite simple to play. So is the Cmaj9/B: x20010. and last but not least, the C/G:332010. Just a fancy
C with a G note added. As far as the lyrics go, I guess a person could interpret what they want
into them. Those words just came to mind when I was thinking of what would fit in the chorus
that would compliment the verse's. I guess one could also interpret the line as if you don't see love, 'look a little deeper'! I think that it's up to the person reading it to decide what they want
it to mean to them. Hope that helps. And thanks for the kind words, I'm trying to get better at
the lyrical side of my songs. If I have people asking 'bout my lyrics, then I must be gravitating
in the right direction! Awesome! Thanks again for the kind words. I'm glad you like it.
                                                                                                                        getfiddle

Hi Getfiddle,

With fingers aching I have just played your song (including a few muffed chords lol). Mind you the C/G gave me no trouble at all as I always play C that way, years ago I found it make changing to F far easier and it has stuck.

Good song, so how about a recording so we can hear the melody you intended for it?

Thank you,

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Roger,
I'm working on recording all my songs that I've posted. I think I'm just gonna sit down, just me and my guitar and do a rough live recording, so everyone can get an idea how my songs go.
I'm not sure which site I want to upload them to. There's a lot of good sites! I'm registered as
an artist at myspace, but I'm considering registering with soundclick also. either way, as soon
as I get them recorded and uploaded, I'll let everyone know. I hope my explanation of those
chords helped. thanks for the kind words.
                                                        getfiddle

Hi Getfiddle,

Ive been tryimg to cover all the songs i missed. This was one of them.

I really like this song. It says a lot in its simplicity.  I have played your song, but i would love to hear your melody to it.

Very well done Sir!

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !