Re: What kind of guitar do you have?

I play an epiphone SG and a washburn acoustic

I'm the voice inside your head you refuse to hear I'm the face you have to face mirror in your stare I'm what's left I'm what's right I'm the enemy
I'm the hand that takes you down, brings you to your knees
-Foo Fighters (the Pretender)

guild d25m
'52 tele ri
ric 381
guild x-700

Gibson faded SG
Ovation celebrity 12 string
ovation 6 string (dont know the model)

So Red Delicious

I have a seagull acc/elec, a fender concord, and a mexican fender tely.  no complaint about any of them.

R

Acoustic Taylor 210
Electric Jay Turser Colonel and Epiphone Dot Turquoise

Monterey semi accoustic Australia(made in CHINA) heard it played by some who can to make the hairs on the back of your neck stand $350AUS

157 (edited by airborne13 2008-07-18 04:41:37)

Ovation-MIC
Ovation 12 string_MIC
Breedlove Plus 12 string-MIK
Sheridan II-MIC
Epi LP Custom-MIC
Crafter PK-Rose-MIK
....It seems its not so much what you have, but what you do with them....

Peace Love & Rock'n Roll

158 (edited by fuzzblue 2008-07-18 07:19:27)

Hey! I'm new. Love it is all you need. I too grew up in the late 60's What a time! I have a Gibson Les Paul studio. Fender Jagstang and
a Seagull acoustic I love them all!

Learning to play guitar is hard, giving up is near impossible!

It's a Yamaha 6 string FG730

Encore Electric guitar (RED) around £100 pounds.. good to start out at smile

!960 Gibson 330
mid - 70's Yamaha six string dreadnought
Martin Backpacker (for travel)
Fender Squier bass

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Alzarev RD 30 Electro Cutaway Acoustic
Epiphone EJ 200

Just purchased Adam Black S- 7 (solid Cedar top) I love it to bits.

Just recently purchased an Epiphone Wildcat and 50 wall Marshall. Now that I"m retired and have lots of time on my hands I thought I'd like to dick around with some blues and things.

It's a sweet little thing.

All the reviews I've read rave about it.

Gerry

Fender accoustic and another accoustic from Sears mail order that I've had for 35 years.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

THAT IS A DIFFICULT TO ANSWER TOPIC FOR ME. WHY?
I have 22 guitars both, acoustic and electric and if I write down every single guitar, well it's not fair compared to all the other chordians. First HOW DID IT START? In 1978 with a YAMAHA FG 300, still a remarkable and excellent guitar, bought with the money I earned by working in a BREWERY as student. In 1994 I had a brandnew GIBSON LES PAUL STUDIO, all black and reflecting with golden pick-up covers for 400$, with a special thank to a patient who was chief of the airport customs and the fact that the guitar had a little but visible defect in the wood of the headstock. Price = 400$.
I had to tune again this guitar almost after every song. I worked 85 hours a weel as Medical Doc and one a day in November 1996 a patient of mine having a drug problem asked me 700$. I told him that I wasn't a bank and he gave me a Martin HD-28 to get money. He didn't regret, because he didn't play since 10 years, and I knew NOTHING about the value of guitars. Then I invested 7500$ in a music store, and they paid me back in instruments, 2 Martins, Epiphone Sheraton (an older model), Ovation, and a few more. This was the beginning. I went back to my music store for the 3th time to fix my Gibson Studio again and looking around I saw a low priced PRS CUSTOM 24 bird inlay, hal the usual retail price. I worked so hard and didn't care at all talking about the price. I knew that guitar, we tested some guitars in another store some months before, GIBSON, FENDER and the salesman came with that PRS guitar and told: try this one, and I was lost. So months later, going to the store to repair the Gibson, I left the store without the Gibson (got 1000$ for it) and I left with that PRS a brands barely known here in Belgium. I just went to a Mc Donalds and came back to pick up the PRS and they told me that in the 45 minutes I was gone, 4 people came for that PRS, 3 professional musicians. My system was always if you see something and you can afford it buy it, if not you will regret it. As said I worked so hard and ...But the BEST GUITAR I EVER SAW AND PLAYED IS PURCHASED  2 months ago: a DUESENBERG 49er. See www.duesenberg.com and you find out why.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Well since my last post in this topic I've added a Morgan Monroe Imperial Koa and a Taylor 314e.... Finally uploaded the pics

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

scrimmy82 wrote:

Just got myself a Gibson ES-335.

I'm trying to get myself a job so I can get one xD
I'm going for a red one, if I can get it.

All I know is I feel better when I sing.
Burdens are lifted from me.
That's my voice rising.

Guitarpix wrote:

Well since my last post in this topic I've added a Morgan Monroe Imperial Koa and a Taylor 314e.... Finally uploaded the pics

You should change your name to Guitarho yikes  You have more guitars than any retail store in south-east NC!

I'm just jealous - That Koa is a beauty!!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

topdown wrote:
Guitarpix wrote:

You should change your name to Guitarho yikes  You have more guitars than any retail store in south-east NC!

I'm just jealous - That Koa is a beauty!!

lol  lol  lol  Maybe Guitarpimp! I'll give you 30 minutes with any 2 of your choice for $50. No kissing or rough handling allowed...lol

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Classical    : Ramirez S1

Accoustic   : Takamine EG230

Electric
1. Fender frankenStarcaster
2. Jay turser JT-220
3. Jay turser strat Unknown Model (HSS config)
4. Epiphone Special II
5. Ovation Ultra GS I
6. Hondo Strat Copy (next project)
7. Ibanez GAX 70
8. Gibson Baldwin Les Paul Black Epoch (next next project)

I've just added a Babicz identity series to my growing collection it has some awesome features.
Check em out.

Learning to play guitar is hard, giving up is near impossible!

got a blck ebony Epi G400 and it is simply awesome!!!1!!
and a squier stratacoustic which is pretty good electracoustic

i play a lovely Epiphone AJ-45SE plus a Squier Fender Strat, a Yamaha classical of 25+ years vintage and a dodgy fender jazz bass copy circa 1980

I've got a Seagull S6 and a strat.

Only acoustic here!
Steel 6 string: Stonebridge DS24SR
Classical: Walden N730

If you've never heard of Stonebridge, they are made by Frantisek Furch in Prague. These instruments have only recently been launched in Europe and the USA. Well worth checking out if you are tired of Martin, Taylor and Gibson.  wink