Topic: DUESENBERG REVISITED 4 WEEKS LATER

I have a pretty guitar collection.
PRS
GIBSON LP CUSTOM (one from 1968, the other from 1978), a LP SUPREME and a STRAT + a TELE.

Since I started to play that guitar, the Duesenberg 49er, I still can't compare this guitar with the others.
In fact my best guitar has always been that PRS custom 24.
I had some friends who came to see me, we all tried these guitars I mentioned with unanimous votes THAT IS THE BEST SOUND THEY HEARD.
So 4 weeks later the 49er is my favorite. AMAZING SOUND, TONE, VERSATILITY AND THE LOOKS ART-DECO. She has a single coil and an humbucker.
I have played many guitars, except GRETSCH (WHO CAN TELL ME MORE ABOUT GRETSCH?) and this 49er beats them all.
THIS IS OF COURSE MY OPINION AND OF COURSE SUBJECTIVE.
You can see the guitars on www.duesenberg.com, where you can hear the sound, OR on YOUTUBE.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: DUESENBERG REVISITED 4 WEEKS LATER

U should buy an Duesenberg tremolo rocket.... they are cool....

Sounds like you have the new Mike Campbell signature Duesenburg with a humbucker-sized P-90 style pickup at the neck and a GFS "Dreamtron" (think PAF + Filertron) at the bridge. That should be a nice combination and offer some decidely Gretsch-like tones from the bridge pickup. Sweet. Plug this one into a Vox AC15 or AC30 cranked just to the point of breakup and wail away.

4 (edited by Doug_Smith 2008-08-26 23:23:44)

Hi Doc,

You know I have tried to get to see this fine guitar via the link you provided a couple of times now without success.... I think I will try the other spelling and see if it gets me there. 
www.duesenburg.com  (nope that takes me to Duesenburg automation)  Is it possible that the site is not available to those of us across the "pond"?   I'll keep looking though, you've peaked my curiousity!

Take Care;  Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

could this be it?
http://www.duesenberg.de/

Thanks Riddler!

That link took me there.... nice instruments and lots of sound bytes to hear what Guitaardocphil was saying.

Doc,  I can see why you are so fond of that member of your collection.  Has the body style of an LP Gibson and the resonance of the Gretsch, especially the Starcaster.  Mahogany bodies of uniform density are always great for sustain and fullness of tone so I would think that is why it has the sound that is so pleasing to so many ears.

A very good addition to your collection my friend!

Take Care, and thanks for bringing this continental brand to our attention.  Looking forward to seeing and hearing more of them out there!

Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

The DUESENBERG I have is the 49er.
Les Paul shape, 1 single coil neck and a humbucker bridge.
The cheapest model is the STARPLAYER SPECIAL with 2 humbuckers. Other solid body guitars are the D-CASTER with 2 single coils, the V-CASTER having 3 single coils.
But what I don't understand is that the most popular guitar is the 49er.
Semi-hollow body the endorsement models like Mike CAMPBELL & CARL CARLTON (this a Gibson 335 shape model, but semi-hollow) they all have the single neck coil and bridge humbucker.
I am saving money for the STARPLAYER TV with tremolo and almost identical to the Campbell model.
THE ONLY THING I CAN TELL IS:
- GO TO YOUTUBE and compare them.   
- This brand will become more and more a big player in guitar world. There are already a lot of people who claim that the Duesenberg is better than most of the famous brands.
As known I have a nice collection but my number ONE guitar is the 49er. AMAZING: the looks (art deco style) very easy to play and versatile, and the sound? I have no words.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]