Topic: "New Capo Which make?"

Thinking of a new capo been using a Wilkerson for years ..simple and good
what you all use and why ...like your views... Mark

Re: "New Capo Which make?"

At the moment.... Dunlop.  Cheap, easy to reposition, fits every axe in my woodshed, and it looks good parked on the headstock.
Not to mention a fairly good grip exerciser. Which is important for us old guys with arthritis!

Take Care;  Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

hi flatpicker,

I use a KYSER for just now. Had it for about 3 years and never had any bother with it.
Since it is a quick clamp style it goes on very easy and mostly first time, I never have to reposition it. It cost me £10.99 but I am sure you can get them cheaper now on the likes of That auction site on the net.
I have never had to but it looks like once the rubber has worn down it can be renewed.

BUT, when I am ready for a new one I am getting one like my mates, but I dont know what it is called. Reason for changing is I dont find the KYSER is really good for a 12 string guitar. The one my mate has is made of aluminium and gives a right good grip and is good on a 12 string too.

Some people have said that KYSERs give too strong a grip and can damage the neck of your guitar but I have never had any trouble nor have i any indents from it so I would disagree with them. And if there was that much bother with them, they would not be as popular as they are.

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

fatstrings sent me a link to this Third Hand Capo video....ive never seen nothing like it.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjrLW4ca … re=related
Its 12.95 at musiciansfriend.com

Well thats slicker than deer guts on a doorknob smile Looks like it would be a lot of fun experimenting with.
Thanks for the link.

KAP54

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

I use a G7th. One handed operation on and off with a quick release. Easy to stop all the strings first time, without bending bottom e. And it looks like a bit of class.

See http://www.millennium-music.com/capos.h … EAodzQcVrQ

"What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understandin' ."    Elvis Costello

Hey Riddler...wow man how did you find that !!!He plays better than me with just a capo lol

Thanks alansheeran ..yep that looks more my kinda thing....    thanks all