Topic: "Sanctimonious Profiteering Fear Mongers Out!" blues

Greetings from Starkville Mississippi where Paul Thorn and his band are playing tonight at Rick's!  Unfortunately, I am broke until payday on Monday so I'll have to miss the show . . . very sad!
http://www.paulthorn.com/
http://www.myspace.com/paulthorn 

Anyway - I recently recorded a song that I first posted here almost 2 years ago.  I have streamlined the lyrics so I figured I would just put the 'new & improved' version up here in a fresh message (rather than dredging the old version up from the forum archives).
Hear it here . . .
"Songs for Human and Autoharp"
http://www.myspace.com/r200james

WARNING . . .
If you think Fox News is truly 'Fair and Balanced', you will NOT like this song.
If you think Rush Limbaugh is a well-reasoned and insightful genius, you will NOT like this song.
If you believe anything Ann Coulter writes or says, you will NOT like this song.

Sanctimonious Profiteering Fear-Mongers Out!James McCormick, October 1, 2006 - Revised 8/26/2008

12-bar Blues

They [C]give us smoke and mirrors, [C]show biz every day

[C]Talking heads on Fox, [C7]cheering all the way

Try to [F]whip up frenzy, with [F]facts they do spin

[C]Try to ask questions, you’re [C]un-American

Use the [G7]power of the ballot box, don’t [F7]sit around and pout

[C]Sanctimonious profiteering fear-mongers [G]out![G7] . . . .

Hy-[C]pocrisy astounds, should [C]just resign in shame

In-[C]stead of blaming critics for [C7]soiling their good name

[F]Lobbyists come calling [F]sacks of campaign cash,

[C]Checking their investments [C]shredding all the trash

[G7]Time for a change, hey [F7]fat cats hear me shout

[C]Up in our White House, Tweedle-[C]Dum and Tweedle-Dee

[C]Neo-conservative chicken-hawk [C7]corporate coterie

Their [F]children they safe at home, not [F]dying in their war

The [C]profit report is good, [C]Wall Street wants more

I’m [G7]sick of this direction, we [F7]need a brand new route

They’ll [C]wrap it up in Scripture, [C]stab you with our flag

[C]Tap into your phone lines, [C7]slap you with a gag

Con-[F]veniently forgetting this is the [F]Land of the Free

Their [C]goal is to establish a [C]theocracy

[G7]Take away their pulpit, [F7]take away their clout

They got [C]bloviating pundits, not [C]burdened by the facts

Got [C]spiteful TV preachers [C7]hair made of wax

Got that [F]jerk at work who [F]makes racist jokes

Got [C]wacky fundamentalists sayin' [C]Science is a hoax

Coa-[G7]lition of the Willing I [F7]say without a doubt

We need [C]rational discussion, about [C]issues that are real

For-[C]get for one moment that [C7]Crusader zeal

And [F]don’t patronize me with [F]pandering attitude

I’m [C]tired of bombastic sim-[C]plistic platitudes

Re-[G7]mind the demagogues what our [F7]country’s all about

[C]Sanctimonious profiteering [G7]fear-mongers [C]out!!!

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

Re: "Sanctimonious Profiteering Fear Mongers Out!" blues

Fox news, Rush Limbarf, Ann Coulter.......... excuse me, I just had to go out back and work my heavy bag(punching bag) for a few hours. I loathe the 3 afore mentioned modern day demons of deception and unjust propoganda, but hey, that's just me. I'm sure if i got to know them personal and up close..., eh, never mind......
   Great song James, I do indeed like the way you get out what's within, very well said Sir.

Peace and Guitars,
SouthPaw41L

Give everything but up.

James that's a mouthful smile I did give a listen on your myspace page I enjoy the lyrics to bad we cant have whats right for this country maybe we should bring back the 60Th's when civil liberties was the issue that was on the minds of everyone well done James smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Hi guys ,I just read all the above posts,I have my own political feelings as well as other members here, I am almost sure one of our rules was not too get on political subjects here. If I am wrong correct me,I think we are here mainly for music  subjects. If we bring politics here we will not be doing our site any good.                   dino

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

"Sanctimonious profiteering fear-mongers "

What? You mean there are real sanctimonious profiteering fear-mongers out there?

Can you please write more songs about them, James, so we can know who they might be and stop them pulling the wool over our eyes! Gosh - what if they ever got into Government ! I'm sure they're not there already ; (

"What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understandin' ."    Elvis Costello

well done Mulder!

I'm not that well-versed on US politics but i get the general gist of it, the ordinary people [i like to call us cannon fodder] get dumped on from a great height...as usual!

over the pond we have much the same problem, profits before people. i will be out of a job next year due to the company not making as much profit as the bankers demand. [change initial letters to suit] so the factory closes, and the machines go to other factories, it costs more to move these old machines that wont ever run again than to pay us to keep them going, will they never learn? and the politicians allow this to happen.
here's a question; when everyone's out of work, who will pay the taxes that keep the governments in luxury? not the businessmen, all their millions are banked overseas in numbered accounts.

i wont start on secret organisations or we could be here all day!

bet your sorry you started this one now?

thought provoking little tune there teacher

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Hi James,

It seems to me that the "Sanctimonious Profiteering Fear Mongers" are the ones with the power the whole world over. Time for the ordinary Joe's to start a revolution perhaps.

Good song and well recorded. Thank you.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

8 (edited by marcalan 2008-08-29 12:07:45)

RIGHT ON JAMES...AFTER HEARING OBAMAS SPEECH LAST NIGHT..I LOOKED AT A PICTURE OF MCCAIN AND SAID, WHO THE HECK IS THIS OLD FART..NOW IF OBAMA CAN PULL IT OFF..RIGHT ON...MARCALAN

I thought ; If I had one idea,
and took it from beginning to end.
I would try another.

Well written. If I was to write a song 'bout them.....Lets just say I wouldn't be able to post it!
I cant stand this administration. All they've done is rape this country for the past 8 years!!
Very good song.
                   getfiddle

A musician is someone with too much time on their hands! Thank god I'm a musician!!!

Dino music and politics have been around along time and there is no rule with regards to political subjects in a free democracy and if we limit ourselves to music subjects we would have to write songs about scales and where would we be if Bob Dylan had not written "Blowing in the wind" music is the most powerful tool for getting the truth out there is and I hope censorship will never rear its ugly head and restrict free thought,political or otherwise.

dino48 wrote:

Hi guys ,I just read all the above posts,I have my own political feelings as well as other members here, I am almost sure one of our rules was not too get on political subjects here. If I am wrong correct me,I think we are here mainly for music  subjects. If we bring politics here we will not be doing our site any good.                   dino

"Growing old is not for sissies"

It is quite true that chordie's forum is not the place for arguments about politics or religion.  However, the subject matter of original songs can certainly be of a political or religious nature.

Songs can be about anything.

That might seem contradictory, but that is the way it is . . . a song can be about anything.  We won't argue politics (or religion) here - but song writer's are welcome to post songs that might be about politics or religion. 

I realize the content of "Sanctimonious Profiteering Fear Mongers Out!" is very political.  If you happen to agree or disagree, that is OK.  I won't argue publicly in the forum with anybody about the substance of the song.  I would welcome private emails from anybody who disagrees (or agrees) with the song's content - we can have a lively private discussion via email off the forum.

Also, anybody is welcome to post an original song about politics or religion (or anything) here on the forum.  Obscene lyrics are not allowed - but any topic is fair game for an original song.

If you disagree with the content of a song - you are welcome to state your disagreement.

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

There's 59 Countries around the globe at war at the moment!

Sanctimonious Profiteering Fear-Mongers Out!  { Shame on you all, for thinking this is the way. Your abominable greed for power
is ruining many a great people and their God given lands.

Well done James. I do remember this one. Its a great song.

Id clap you on the back if near, and pour the Guinness into you for your bravery in writing and  singing this great song.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Hi james
Certainly agree with the seniments of your song.. If only there was away to rid society of these people without violence...
Good song up to your usual high standards..
Ark

Tons of truths in your song and what has been said here James. sad
Thus is life and for the life of me, I don't know why anyone would want to be a politician(other than it is a necessity in life,which really stinks)
Thanks Kap

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)