1 (edited by KAP54 2008-09-12 18:34:33)

Topic: My Precous Angel

This is about being in love and how your better half knows and will comfort you when you are troubled.Hopefully I will meet her someday.
My minds eye has it sung as a Neil Young ballad. Down strummed only and slow with a nice harp and guitar picking being played in the intro and breaks.Enjoy
Thanks Getfiddle and Roger.I see where I screwed up looking for chord names
Cadd9=032003
E7=020100
Am7=002013
C6add9=000213
F#dim=000212

My Precious Angelby Ken Peters  Aug 16 2008

Intro  Cadd9     G     Cadd9     G     with harp and light guitar picking

[Cadd9]Cold winds blow and hard rains fall,

yet you shield me through it [G]all.

[Cadd9]With you I know I'm not alone,

with you I see how much I've [G]grown.

[Am7]You are my [D]inspiration.

[Bm]You are my [Em]soul.

[Am7]You are my [D]precious angel,

[Bm7]with you I [E7]feel no danger at [Am7]a-a-a-all.

No Baby,not at [C6add9]a-a-a-a-a-[F#dim]all

Break with harp and light picking

Cadd9   G   Cadd9   G

Cadd9   G   Cadd9   G

[Cadd9]When I tremble late at night,

you hold me and the world is [G]right.

[Cadd9]You've sung to me a lullaby,

you've touched my heart so I could [G]fly.

[Bm]You are my [Em]soul.

[Am7]You are my [D]precious angel,

[Bm7]with you I [E7]feel no danger at [Am7]a-a-a-all.

No Baby,not at [C6add9]a-a-a-a-a-[F#dim]all.

Break with harp and light picking

Cadd9   G   Cadd9   G

Cadd9   G   Cadd9   G

[Bm]You are my [Em]soul.

[Am7]You are my [D]precious angel.

[Bm7]And with you I [E7]feel no danger at [Am7]a-a-a-all.

No Baby, not at [C6add9]a-a-a-a-a-[F#dim]all.

Repeat to fade out on harp and light picking

Cadd9   G   Cadd9   G

Cadd9   G   Cadd9   G

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Re: My Precous Angel

Hi Kenny,

Lovely song and who knows, she may be waiting for you round the corner or with the trolly in front of you at the supermarket, and when you do meet her you will have the perfect song for her. Thank you.

Roger

PS any chance of the icing on the cake, ie a recording, yet.

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

3 (edited by KAP54 2008-08-16 22:54:52)

Thanks Roger.
Not looking now but if I should meet someone it would be real,real,real,real nice.
Recording happening soon smile just gotta work out a few more bugs and get me some nerve lol

I did check http://www.all-guitar-chords.com prior for chord names but couldn't find the name of the variation I was looking for.What I put down is proper string sequence just wrong chord name.

Thanks Again

Kenny smile

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

4 (edited by arkady 2008-08-17 11:59:29)

Hey Kenny
That's some pretty lyrics with some nice sounding chords..
Like to hear the melody you have in mind for it.
Ark

Thanks Ark smile
Not far from doing some recording.Hopefully sometime this month if I can get up some nerve.

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Hi Kapa,

Such a gorgeous song. Thank You". Yes! we are made to love and be loved. I have no doubt
you will meet someone again to love. Your situation cant last forever. In the mean time keep expressing your emotions
with writings.

Angels love to you, from the Emerald,

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Thank You Lena smile
I have no doubt she's out there.In the mean time I shall continue with my second love...writing. smile
Thanks again.
Kapa

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

8 (edited by keybored 2008-08-18 12:43:01)

Hey Kenny!!
If you don't have a harp player yet, maybe we can work on this song on Aug 30 at the Barn-Jam
This year's bash promises to be one of our better ones. Including a band called the "Sex Dogs"!
You will see the usual suspects there, (ie: the crowd from Dave & Beth's)  as well as a lot of horses and riders camping overnight for the big trail-ride Sunday.
Bring your Axe. We have lots of P.A., and my G-Harp has just been cleaned!!
Giggidy-Giggidy
Cro

9 (edited by dino48 2008-08-18 04:46:42)

Hi kap, I just played it a few times in a Neil young way,you have got a real winner here.I do belive neil would like too play this himself. As for finding a lady join a gym,I am a single guy myself and I have met alot of ladies there.They always want too help you.                       dino

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Thank You Dino my friend smile Hopefully I will soon have it recorded.It does have a pretty melody.
Thanks Again
By the By.....Hows your Gibson C8 playing for you and is it a C8.Great Story.
Kap

Hey Cro....Is that you big_smile

I'll have to try and finagle a lift somehow cause of the mess I got myself into.Sounds like it could be fun time had by all.I'll definitely get back to you on this.
Thanks Mate smile
Kap

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

KAP54,
The chord names you seek are: G1-is Cadd9, E-is Em7, and C-is C. Good song!
                                                                                                              getfiddle

A musician is someone with too much time on their hands! Thank god I'm a musician!!!

I am also anxious to hear this song, Ken!
You got the nerve, man - just have at it and let 'er rip!

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

hi kap,

been off-line for a week so i nearly missed this one, it's a truely lovelly song, and the chords fit beautifully [the way i played it anyway, which was very mid 70's prog rock not heavy but gently]

great chords on the chorus that last Bm to F#diminished, where did you find that?

i played the C add 9th on the 8th fret adding the 9th on the 6th string to add the D note and then the G chord as natural, it gave it a nice feel, i dont know if thats the way you meant it but i found it good that way.

hope you find someone to correct you and put you in line [and pick up your old sox and stuff] also comfort you... soon wink

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Thanks for your kind words Phill, James and getfiddle.
The chord progression that you play Phill is way beyond my means as I am still in the re-learning stage of playing guitar.Presently I am maybe about 1 week away from posting Precious Angel at MySpace.My current hold up is learning how to record properly, as this will be my first song posted I would like it to be something I am pleased with.
Getting lots of help from Russell on this which is a big confidence booster. smile
The last battle is the dreaded "Mic Psych" as every newbie goes through... I'm guessing.
I also hate the sound of my voice.
Practicing singing while trying to keep time is not as easy as it looks or sounds either, but I'm gettin gooder.

Thanks Again smile
Kap

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

know what you mean kap, i hate the sound of my voice [the wife hates it too apparently sad ]

but i think my live voice, when i'm doing gigs, is much betterer wink as i can let go and belt the notes out, so maybe stand back a bit from the mic and let 'em rip tongue

cant wait to hear it

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Well what do you know....:) I finally did a song,joined and posted it at Myspace.I found the whole experience of joining Myspace pretty frustrating but thanks to lots of help from Roger and Russell I managed to accomplish this mondo feat.Phewwww lol
Special thanks to our new recording mod Russell for helping me out in the recording end of Precious Angel.His insights and tips along with his tutorials made it a whole ton easier and more fun to boot. Thanks Russell smile
As for the song it is now up at myspace. Just click on my website link for a listen. I hope my vocals don't do any damage to your ears as they're killing mine lol
I had to shorten the song by quite a bit as when it came to recording it ended up being way to long as it plays pretty slow.
Anyways I hope you all enjoy and all critique is welcome.

Thanks for the push smile
Kap

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Hi Kenny,

Pleased to see, and even more pleased to hear, that you have got to grips with the recording lark. A very impressive first recording, of course you did have a good song to work with which is a bonus. Russ's help seems to have done the trick.

By the way my ears are completely undamaged even after listening through headphones.

Well done my friend,

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Roger. Thank You for your kind words and help along the way smile I have to say it was really thrilling to see and hear a tune I wrote and arranged up at MySpace. I finally feel like I accomplished something...and it feels good. smile

Thanks Again

Kenny smile

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Hey Kenny
just had listen to your song..
For a 1st go a recording it's a real good job of a nice song. (You should have heard my 1st go well maybe not smile )
Well done mate..
Ark

Thanks Ark smile As the saying goes I guess "the first one is the toughest" so hopefully I won't screw myself into the ground too badly on my next one.
Thanks Again
Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

congrats on your first recording kenny...:)

Kenny congratulations, the first song is a hurdle and I know there are many here at chordie who have faced it including myself and I can recall the first time I got a myspace account I was worried if people would like my songs but as time went on I came to realize it was unimportant as long as I liked them and then it was youtube so you see all of these steps are just small hurdles and like all things in life you take them on one at a time because there will always be another,you should be proud of your accomplishment and I know how hard you worked to get this first song because you just about wore out my ear on googletalk lol seriously you did a great job and like anything there's always room for improvement so keep at it. smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Thanks Riddler. smile One down and more to go........................(title for future song)

And Thank You Very Extra Large Kingsize Russell smile If it wasn't for your toots(tutorials) and you letting me chew on your ear on googletalk I'm sure I would still be typing in songs and kicking myself for not taking a shot at recording.Tons to learn but I know I'm surrounded by the right people smile It should get easier.

Thank You Again for all your hard work. smile
Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Just wanted to say thanks again to Russell for his help in getting me going recording.
I sent him a demo of Precious Angel for his opinion and to add some tracks to it. Although I did not use his tracks I thought he did a very good job on it.
If anyone would like to hear it you can download it at Russells MediaFire site.

Thanks Again Russ smile

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

Guitar chord forum - chordie → Songwriting → My Precous Angel