Topic: DRUMS OR RHYTHM DEVICES

If you can add a rhythm track to a recording sign in I will be first russell smile

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f2/OutsideBRX-15.JPG

"Growing old is not for sissies"

2 (edited by Doug_Smith 2008-09-23 22:45:45)

Re: DRUMS OR RHYTHM DEVICES

Doug_Smith:  Cajon Drums....  but I do have a couple of "real live honest -to-goodness" drummers on tap who are willing to help.
                     Sadly they are not, nor likely to be members of Chordie because neither of them play anything with strings attached!

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Doug handcuff them and make them join chordie we need some real drummers,I am contacting a few tommorow who i think would have a good time with this kind of setup one has a page on myspace and he's one of my freinds on my website smile

Doug_Smith wrote:

Doug_Smith:  Cajon Drums....  but I do have a couple of "real live honest -to-goodness" drummers on tap who are willing to help.
                     Sadly they are not, nor likely to be members of Chordie because neither of them play anything with strings attached!

Well Russell, I do have a firm commitment from Mark over in Bend.... and he has all the gear and Audacity!  The only thing is that he will be out of the country for about 5-6 months on a job, not due back until April or May.

So keep your paws warm, you are likely to be slapping the heck out of your drum emulator for awhile!

Take Care;  Doug

What is the prerequisite??
I have been playing drums since I was 14.

"I want my 2 Dollars!!!!!"

Stretch Papa,

Believe me you meet the criteria!  Thanks for jumping in.... I was thinking drummers were going to be in short supply.  For the reasons that I entered above.

A "live" drummer can put a lot of added feeling into a piece of music and surely beats a machine any day!

Thanks & Take Care;  Doug

Welcome Stretch papa as Doug said having a live person for recording is as good as it gets the machines are ok but the only machine i favor is a ice cream maker so its good to have you aboard. russell smile

Thanks gents.
What am I aboard on?

Stretch papa if you read the "sticky" about the "chordie musicians network" what we are trying to accomplish is to have members submit there songs for assistance with adding various tracks be they rythem or lead guitar bass keyboard whatever they would go to the section for the help they need simple as that and if the person they contact agrees to collaborate on a project with them(there song) they would send the words if all they needed was melodie if they had a recorded mp3 they would make it available on either mediafire as a folder for you to download and use the audacity program to open it and add your part and send it back,you can register at mediafire free and if you so choose make it a permanant link by going to your chordie profile and including it with your avitar so it will appear everytime you post or just post your mediafire link when your done with the tracks and alert the person that there song is ready to be picked up if you have any questions feel free to ask  russell smile

stretch papa wrote:

Thanks gents.
What am I aboard on?

So you need to have Audacity, correct?

That is my only thing. I do not have Audacity or any other computer based software. So I would love to help but I don't want to say yes and not actually be able to. Ya know?

yes if you look in the post "recording basics" theres a link to sourceforge.net and you can get it for free just click on the link and download the audacity program if you read the posts in that topic there is also a link to a program called "lame" its also free and it enables the audacity program to turn your recordings into mp3 files so you can play them or upload them anywhere if you need help getting started with audacity I have several video tutorials from my mediafire link at the bottom of this post just click on it and download the first three audacity tutorials or all of them if you wish but you will need 1 chord to hook up your microphone or mixer to your computer and the videos show you all you will need but first dowload audacity and the lame program to get started and then the tutorials I will guide you through the steps that are necessary to start recording if you have any questions or have problems downloading give a holler smile

stretch papa wrote:

So you need to have Audacity, correct?

That is my only thing. I do not have Audacity or any other computer based software. So I would love to help but I don't want to say yes and not actually be able to. Ya know?

I forgot to enter my name I have percussion effects (aleses rythmn machine) so russell percussion

I have a Slingerland set that I have been playing since I was ten.  I am a little short of recording (minus a microphone and a computer) but I will be happy to help.

1991 Washburn D12CE/N
2006 Taylor 412ce

"What I want is songs that echo. The stuff we're doing now is like somebody's bedsheets; spread 'em out, soil 'em, ship 'em out to laundry, you know? But our songs...I want us to be able to fold ourselves up in them forever...understand?  Words and music."

ok resprod and welcome to the Chordie network I will add your name to the percussion list and thanks smile