Re: Recording basics?

Hi Wibble
I know this question was aimed at Russ but....
To answer your question it would be yes. If you use Audacity software then it will pretty much record anything you can hear through your soundcard with distortion or not.
It's a good general recording and mixing program.
Ark

I concur with your findings my friend from across the pond, and if by chance the amp dose not have a line out then to get the effects from the amp you will require a mixer of sort to plug in the amp and to the soundcard and your guitar or microphone will go thru the mixer first smile

arkady wrote:

Hi Wibble
I know this question was aimed at Russ but....
To answer your question it would be yes. If you use Audacity software then it will pretty much record anything you can hear through your soundcard with distortion or not.
It's a good general recording and mixing program.
Ark

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Thank you both for the answers there.

I was just fiddling around with my spare room last night  shifting things around (throwing all my old crap out that I really should have thrown out years ago) and noticed when I shifted my amp out of the way there was a line out - so happy days. To be fair, on a bright Orange amplifier you would think I would have noticed the big black jack port marked "line out" a long time ago...

Wibble been there and done that lol good luck with it russell smile

Wibble wrote:

Thank you both for the answers there.

I was just fiddling around with my spare room last night  shifting things around (throwing all my old crap out that I really should have thrown out years ago) and noticed when I shifted my amp out of the way there was a line out - so happy days. To be fair, on a bright Orange amplifier you would think I would have noticed the big black jack port marked "line out" a long time ago...

"Growing old is not for sissies"