Topic: Baby Song

My son and his partner have delivered my 9th grandchild on Saturday, this song came soon after, I've used quite a lot of poetic license, and I also used memories of when my own daughter gave birth to her daughter 4 years ago.
I've called it Baby Song cos I can't think of a better title, suggestions gratefully considered

Baby SongUndefined

I heard a [G]bell ring and[D] it wasn't [G]Christmas

I saw an [C]angel who [D]stood before [G]me

My heart was [C]glowing with [D]pride, when the [G]baby [Em]arrived

I saw my[C] daughter and [D]she held her [G]child

(VERSE 2 same chords as above)

I saw a bright light and all things were glowing

I saw a doctor and he smiled at me

My heart was glowing inside

when this new life arrived

I saw my daughter and she held her child

chorus

I saw my [C]daughter and [B7]she was [Em]smiling at me

Hello [Am]grampa [C]come look and [D]see

And there were [C]angels that [B7]sang, till the [Em]new day [D]began

And this [G]new life I [D]held in my [G]arms

(VERSE 3 same chords as 1st verse)

I heard a choir in the church for the baby

I saw our friends and our family

My heart was glowing with pride, when the baby arrived

I saw my daughter and she held her child

It's in waltz time,  and I'm sorry if it's smaltzy, but I am a proud new grandparent, so please have patience with me

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

2 (edited by daddycool 2008-10-17 15:12:38)

Re: Baby Song

hi phill thats a beautiful song for a great occasion ,my grand daughter has had our first great grandson,my daughter is having her second child in about four weeks and my sons fiance is expecting one about april,must be something in the water,ha ha ,well done....stay cool

love is life ,life is for love,keep a true heart and live life to the full....stay cool

well congratulations to you!

my oldest granddaughter is 14, so there's a few years left yet [I hope!] before the great grand child.
i hope to post this song on my space soon, after the weekend most likely, as things are a bi crazy at the moment.

any way...stay cool my friend, and keep rockin'

phill

Phil nice sentimental and appropiate lyrics for the occasion I can echo your feelings as I was present in the delivery room and assisted when my two sons were born, congratulations and hope the mother and baby are doing fine smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Hi Phill,

I am glad to see you are back with us again and with a very beautiful song for a very special occasion. I am looking forward to hearing your recording of it.

Although there is nothing wrong with the title as it stands here are a couple of alternatives: 'She Held Her Child', 'A New Life Begins', 'Welcome To My Grandaughter' but 'Baby Song' or 'Baby's Song' is just fine.

Hey ain't grandchildren great, you can spoil them rotten and then give them back if they get to be a handfull lol. As my grandfather used to say "Grandchildren are so much more fun than children that I wished I'd had them first".

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Congratulations Phil to everyone all round.

A great Joy.   I love your photos of your Grandchildren on your space.

All pretty and handsome .  Must take after there mother ! lol I'm joking of course.

Blessings to all.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Congrats Phill smile
Looking forwards to the recording for full comments.
Nice writing again.

Kenny

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

thanks everyone,

in order;

russ,  i was also present at 3 of my four children's arrival, i never fainted and thought the experience was brilliant, glad i wasn't the one on the table...my sympathies lie with the women on this one...on the other hand, as i recall, it was usually the wife who said "let's have another one..."

roger, thanks, glad to be back. the recording needs some fine tuning, in the next few days, with any luck. it's a toughie finding the right title isn't it? i think i may well stick to "baby song"

helena, glad you had a look at my photo's, i'll put some more up soon, and yes they do take after my wife...thankfully, i'll pass your congrats around.

kap,  thanks, ads i said earlier the recording is on the way, and i do appreciate and look forward to comments, good or bad.

may your god smile sweetly upon you all

phill