Topic: Which Amp?

hiya all !

More advice needed
                               Which amp would be suited( little price for more qualty) for a Novice playing a Tanglewood th 502 semi hollow  & a Freshman Acoustic. at the moment am using a "Park" which i think is part of Marshall brand.i was thinking maybe a echo channel??

thanks in advance
                               Micky

cool Dont Stop Kid Keep Rockin'  !! cool

Re: Which Amp?

I'm a fan of the Roland Micro-Cube...cost about $130.00 US...is small, lightweight, can operate on batteries and has plenty of volume for recording or house/apartment use. Has several effects...delay, reverb, tremolo, phaser, and chorus...plus several distortion channels and a clean channel. You can also play MP3/CDs at the same time for practice. Best of all...it's sounds great! I have several amps ... some are 100 watt, but this if my favorite for most things...in church I'll set it up for the sound that I want and the the Sound Guy will mic it into the sound system for more volume...

Middleaged Redneck sorta guy who refuses to grow up...passion for music, especially Southern Rock but like bout everything cept Gangsta/Hip Hop. Collect guitars, mandolins, and love to ride Harleys.

I have a little 5amp Epiphone valve amp which has a lovely warm sound.  No effects or adjustments, but it does sound nice...

My ambition far exceeds my ability

micky the mooch wrote:

hiya all !

More advice needed
                               Which amp would be suited( little price for more qualty) for a Novice playing a Tanglewood th 502 semi hollow  & a Freshman Acoustic. at the moment am using a "Park" which i think is part of Marshall brand.i was thinking maybe a echo channel??

thanks in advance
                               Micky

Hi Micky,
I play profesionally(small venues mostly) and acoustic guitar is my primary instrument. These are the two amps i use for most of my live gigs.

http://www.music123.com/Behringer-Ultra … 5.Music123

http://www.music123.com/Marshall-AS50D- … 5.Music123

I run my vocal mic, guitars, and stage mic( for looping) into a Mackie unpowered mixer with a touch of digital reverb. I run channels left and right out of the Mackie  into the Marshall( located at least 6 feet behind me, stage left). From the Marshall I run a line out into the Behringer( located at least 6 feet behind me, stage right.) I angle the amps slightly inward towards my ears. The 6' distance is crucial so feedback will be eliminated and there's no need for monitors in front of you by using this technique.

Give everything but up.

+1 on the Marshall AS50D recommended by southpaw! I own one of these and they are bang up amps for the dollar!

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Guitarpix wrote:

+1 on the Marshall AS50D recommended by southpaw! I own one of these and they are bang up amps for the dollar!

I,ll second that.

As a user of the same guitar as the OP, I find this thread really interesting, as I was thinking of getting a semi-decent amp (stuck with a fender one that came as a starter pack).

The Marshall one seems to be getting a lot of love here.

●████▅▅▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄....▄▄▄
▄▄▅██████▅▄▃▂
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █►
◥☼▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲☼◤ -Mr T says: Quit yo jibba Jabba! You Ain't hurt!