Topic: Strat

I've just bought a Fender Stratocaster and I was wondering whether in your opinion it's the best make of guitar there is? Some say Gibson are the best but I beg to differ!

DFB
Fender Stratocaster player

Re: Strat

Fender and Gibson both have made some of the very best guitars and also some of the very worst! What works for me might not be the best for you or others. As for an opinion...I do really think that the Fender (American and Mexican made models) Stratocaster  is one of the best production guitars made for value and versatility...   I've got a pretty good collection of guitars and have Fenders and Gibsons...each is it's own and I love em all!

Middleaged Redneck sorta guy who refuses to grow up...passion for music, especially Southern Rock but like bout everything cept Gangsta/Hip Hop. Collect guitars, mandolins, and love to ride Harleys.

Yeah they have been the best guitars i have a barge for a wall oh the fender logo my dream fender guitar is probley about 1,000
dollers but if i cant afford it not my dream my one i have now is a Kawasaki wich was 50 bucks

I Can Play And Thats Ture  (- -)
                                           -
                                         /--/

Hi DFB, the strat is a classic design and a great beginner's electric guitar (before Gibson fans flame me, imagine handing a newbie an 8lb Les Paul). The body shape is near perfection and you get the classic rock'n'roll sound. People tend to move on to Gibson when they are after a heavier rock sound. However this is a little bit false, plenty of hard rock was played on stratocasters. It's a great all-rounder, far more flexible than a Les Paul.

'The sound of the city seems to disappear'

cytania wrote:

Hi DFB, the strat is a classic design and a great beginner's electric guitar (before Gibson fans flame me, imagine handing a newbie an 8lb Les Paul). The body shape is near perfection and you get the classic rock'n'roll sound. People tend to move on to Gibson when they are after a heavier rock sound. However this is a little bit false, plenty of hard rock was played on stratocasters. It's a great all-rounder, far more flexible than a Les Paul.

The first (and pretty much only) electric guitar I ever played was a Les Paul... big_smile

-Kerry-

All I know is I feel better when I sing.
Burdens are lifted from me.
That's my voice rising.

dfb wrote:

I've just bought a Fender Stratocaster and I was wondering whether in your opinion it's the best make of guitar there is? Some say Gibson are the best but I beg to differ!

I'm a Fender bender and build custom made strats but I also have owned Gibsons and am currently building an custom SG. It's all about personal preference.

Bootlegger.
Bootlegger guitars.

I own an American Strat and I do believe, for the money , it's a better deal than a Gibson. A professional quality guitar for half the price a Gibson would cost. Two completely different sounds, but both make great guitars. Depends on your own style of playing. I like the strat for country/blues, but to hear Toy Caldwell or Duane Allman play their Les Pauls is heavenly. Paul Reed Smith is making some of the better guitars,(ask Carlos Santana) as is GHL, Leo Fender's start up after he got bought out. There are a lot of fine indy luthiers out there also making top of the line axes. Now if I could afford it I'd own a Les Paul as well, a Tele, and a PRS , GHL etc.etc.etc